If you’re looking to design the perfect landing page for your next project, these five best WordPress Landing Page plugins are sure to help.
But first: what is a landing page?
A landing page is much like any other page on your website. The chief difference lies in the design – it’s completely focused on promoting conversions for different events, products, services, and more. In fact, the singular aim of a landing page is to collect leads and enhance conversions. It achieves this by focusing all attention on a single call-to-action.
👉 A landing page should:
- Have a distinct and attention-grabbing call-to-action.
- Keep the page free of any distractions besides the CTA.
- Collect emails and contact details seamlessly for subsequent marketing action.
- Cater to a specific audience.
- Often act as the first page people see after clicking through an advertisement.
A perfect landing page showcases the product’s key features and other details concisely, without requiring users to move to other pages of the website. Generally, your customers arrive at these standalone pages from either paid ad campaigns or search engines.
Next, we look at the features required in a landing page plugin.
One of the easiest ways to create a landing page or add one to your website is to use the best WordPress landing page plugins. Many plugins come with pre-built templates that you can use as a starting point. After that, you can use the built-in drag-and-drop tools to edit the pages easily to fit your needs. Or, you can even create your own landing pages from scratch. Some plugins include website building features, so you can also use them to build entire websites.
Here are some important features that the best WordPress landing page plugins should possess:
- Templates: 🎨 Look for a plugin that offers a variety of pre-built templates to choose from. This will save you time and effort in creating a landing page from scratch.
- Customization options: 🎚️ The plugin should offer customization options, such as the ability to change colors and modify text, images, and other elements.
- Analytics: 📈 The plugin should provide analytics features to track page performance, including metrics like click-through rates, conversion rates, and bounce rates. At the very least, it should play well with other analytic tools.
- Integrations: 🤝 Check if the plugin integrates with your email marketing service, CRM, or other tools you use to manage leads and contacts.
A landing page plugin should also fit into your budget, be mobile friendly, and go with your current theme and website design.
The five best WordPress landing page plugins
Here’s a quick comparison of the five best landing page plugins:
|Works with any WordPress theme
1. LightStart – best of the free WordPress landing page plugins
LightStartis a free plugin that you can use to add a Coming Soon Page or a Landing Page for an existing site. It makes landing pages simple even for beginners. Besides, you can quickly add it to your site to indicate that it’s down for maintenance. Simply activate the plugin, and you’re in maintenance mode in an instant. Thereafter, only enabled admins can access or view the frontend.
- Adds a countdown timer to keep track of remaining time.
- Customization for the text, colors, and background.
- Displays a contact form to receive emails from visitors and a subscription form to export visitor info to a CSV file.
- Adds a bot to the page to collect info in a visitor-friendly manner.
- Works just fine with multisites and each site can have its very own maintenance / landing page.
- Admins can opt to exclude specific URLs from maintenance and select from SEO options.
LightStart is responsive, offers social media icons and works with any WordPress theme. You can use it to customize readymade templates, or create your own templates using blocks.
💳 Price: Free.
SeedProd is a drag-and-drop website builder that you can use to build any page you want with just a few clicks. It includes built-in page modes that you can enable in an instant – Maintenance, Coming Soon, Landing page and custom 404s. You can select from many professionally designed templates and simply replace the demo content with your own. It also lets you build the pages visually and customize them in an instant, with over 20 built-in color schemes to choose from. The Basic plan covers all the essential tools needed to build your landing page.
- 150+ landing page templates including sales, optin, coming soon, webinar, thank you, maintenance mode, 404 error and login.
- Built-in blocks and design control to customize pages or to create your own custom page.
- Ready made page sections such as headers, CTAs and FAQs that you can add with a click and customize.
- Options to restrict access to a website, or to password protect a full or partial website.
- Domain mapping to assign a custom domain name to a web page.
- Integration with third party email service providers like Mailchimp to collect valuable leads, and with marketing automation tools.
- Connects to Google Analytics and other apps via Zapier.
- 45+ animations to add to page elements, and tons of royalty free stock photos.
- Fast loading pages with no bloat.
💳 Price: Four annual plans are available – Basic at $39.50, Plus at $99.50, Pro at $199.50 and Elite at $239.60.
OptimizePress offers 100+ flexible, conversion-optimized landing page templates to spark your imagination. These templates are completely customizable and quick-loading, optimized for lead generation and conversions. It comes with a design tool to edit landing page templates. Using the OptimizeBuilder with the drag-and-drop feature, you can edit the text, font, colors, sizes and more. With the beginner plan, you’ll be able to build landing pages to capture leads and sales pages for marketing your products. The higher plans offer even more – funnels, checkouts, online courses and membership sites in one platform.
- Connects with email marketing services easily so you can save leads and market to your subscribers.
- Optin forms to sign up subscribers and add to email lists.
- 50+ Page Builder elements available.
- Landing page templates include Webinar, Thank You, Product Launch, eBook Lead Magnet Optin and more.
- Teams up with Funnel Builder to build leads and create entire sales funnels.
- You can then dig into analytics and run A/B tests on your funnel pages to boost conversions.
💳 Price: Plans start at $129/site/yr, with higher plans at $199/site/yr and $249/yr for five sites.
Elementor is a drag-and-drop website builder that gives you all the tools necessary to create high converting landing pages without writing a single line of code. It includes well-designed website kits and templates to build complete websites or any page you want, as well as a free landing page builder. This popular builder integrates with most WordPress themes, plugins, and third-party tools. It includes useful features for landing pages such as a form builder, countdown timers, a popup builder, pre-made landing page templates, and more.
- Build a landing page from scratch, starting with an empty canvas, or use page templates or block templates.
- Maintenance Mode and Coming Soon templates included.
- Add custom forms to your pop-up to collect leads and integrate with marketing and analytic tools.
- Build as many landing pages as you want and manage them all from one platform.
- Save the landing pages you create and reuse them across any of your websites.
- Responsive, with custom breakpoints to fit any device.
- User-friendly, fast interface with a real time editor.
💳 Price: Free, Pro plans start at $59/yr.
5. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder helps you construct beautiful and professional landing pages (and all types of webpages). It does take some time to become familiar with the plugin – we have a separate tutorial to build a landing page with Beaver Builder. The plugin includes a number of landing page templates that cover almost every type of business. Using the friendly drag-and-drop builder, you can customize these pages any way you want. The built-in subscribe form helps to collect email addresses. With the purchase of a single license, you can use it on any number of sites.
- Flexible set of content modules that you can drag and drop.
- Configure full-page layouts, rows and modules that you can save, reuse or export.
- Make changes instantly using global settings.
- Frontend inline editor for real-time preview even as you customize your landing pages.
- Supports core and third party widgets and shortcodes.
- Works with any theme and is completely responsive. Higher plans include a framework theme.
- Loads only the assets required for the landing page, and therefore quick loading.
💳 Price: A basic Lite version is available. Plans start at $99yr and increase to $199/yr, $399/yr and $546/yr.
Final words on the best WordPress landing page plugins 🏁
There’s no doubt WordPress landing page plugins are an essential tool for businesses to generate leads. But the choice of plugin is dependent on the exact needs of your website/product/service/project. For ease of use and solid customization, LightStart is a fine fit. Elementor is good for design flexibility and compatibility with other tools; SeedProd is a wise choice if you need industry-specific landing page templates; Beaver Builder works well for quick loading and customizable landing pages, while OptimizePress offers the best advanced marketing features.
Let us know in the comments if you have any thoughts or questions about the best WordPress landing page plugins!
Don’t forget to join our crash course on speeding up your WordPress site. Learn more below: