With the overwhelming amount of buzz behind the AI-driven language model, you might be wondering: is it possible to make money with ChatGPT?
Yes, that’s perfectly possible with the strikingly human-like chatbot, but that comes with many warnings. Although there are numerous variations of AI technology, the ChatGPT language model functions by providing intelligent answers to questions typed in by the user.
You can use it, for example, to produce a packing list for your trip to Mexico, or to help compose an email you’re having trouble with.
Offshoots of the AI model include Whisper, an AI-oriented speech recognition system, and DALL-E-2, an AI artwork generator, just to name a few.
What role will ChatGPT play in the business world?
That’s the big question, isn’t it?
Only time will tell where artificial intelligence will land in the world of business. There are fears from artists, photographers, writers, marketers, and just about every communications and creative type, whether ChatGPT will replace their job. But, as of right now, it looks like ChatGPT, and other AI models, will simply be yet another tool for humans to improve their current work.
For example, ChatGPT is certainly a useful tool for generating ideas, but it raises questions about a world of homogenous content, incorrect responses, and AI’s inability to grasp basic facts of the world. And that’s why content creation by ChatGPT has more potential as an aide than a replacement of people.
Luckily, the rise of this artificial intelligence aide presents a myriad of new money-making opportunities. Web designers, for example, may be able to make more money by producing demo content on their websites in record time – a task that perhaps took them days or weeks before. Writers can outline articles faster. Virtual assistants can produce schedules with ease. Online stores can provide more curated customer support through chatbots and so on.
Overall, we see ChatGPT as a complementary tool for making money. One that cuts out tedious parts of the job and rapidly onboards newcomers to certain industries due to the assistance it provides. If you’re interested in how to make money with ChatGPT, take a look at our list of suggestions below.
Best Ways to make money with ChatGPT
As mentioned, there’s no way to replace your day-to-day workload completely with ChatGPT, or any of its related AI models. However, you can definitely expedite your work and potentially make money faster in the following ways:
- Become a virtual assistant
- Sell services for writing resumes and cover letters
- Create websites with ChatGPT and artificial design intelligence
- Bootstrap a startup with HustleGPT
- Write and edit content
- Produce YouTube videos and course content
1. Become a virtual assistant 👨🏫
A virtual assistant provides administrative services to a variety of clients from a remote location. They prepare schedules, sift through email inboxes, reply to emails, arrange travel, and make phone calls.
The reason we like ChatGPT for potential virtual assistants is because it’s a time saver. This way, you may find that being a virtual assistant is more manageable as a part-time gig. If you intend to go full time as a virtual assistant, the benefits are the same.
Here are some tasks virtual assistants can expedite with ChatGPT:
- Customer support: ChatGPT is the best friend of a virtual assistant who manages customer support for a client. Instead of digging around in product documentation, you can type an unknown question into ChatGPT for prompt responses.
- Social media management: Virtual assistants can speed up social media content creation by asking ChatGPT to generate months of interesting (and usually relevant) links and text content. All you have to do is review their accuracy, then schedule them on the social networks.
- Research and content preparation: Generate outlines for blog posts, scripts for webinars, drafts for speeches, and brainstorm content for anything from a book to an infographic.
- Email management: Draft email responses for clients based on exactly what was said in the email to which you’re replying.
- Scheduling: Ask ChatGPT to organize client calendars based on a list of appointments.
Since all virtual assistants can automate these tasks with ChatGPT, it gives you more time to bring on new clients and provide additional services, potentially generating more money in return.
2. Sell services for writing resumes and cover letters ✍️
Resume and cover letter writers have been around for quite some time now, and the arrival of ChatGPT makes it a rather compelling way to make money with ChatGPT. You can produce far more resumes of professional quality and spend the rest of that time seeking new clients.
To make money with resumes, you must collect information about your client, asking for relevant details that may make them suitable candidates for a particular job or industry. After that, ask ChatGPT to generate a cover letter and resume by inputting all the information.
Naturally, ChatGPT will have its faults. You’ll serve as more of a proofreader and accuracy checker to put the finishing touches on any resume or cover letter. In addition, you would handle most formatting and potential printing services, meaning that the entire job wouldn’t be replaced by ChatGPT.
3. Create websites with ChatGPT and artificial design intelligence 👨💻
Another way to make money with ChatGPT is to consider building websites. Keep in mind, however, that knowledge of coding and proper interface design is still necessary, but OpenAI provides tools to automate much of the creative and physical workload. For one, website builders like Wix ADI (artificial design intelligence) already offer AI-based web design, allowing you to type in the type of website you want built and then receive a beautiful website in a matter of seconds. So, you might consider using a specific website builder to produce websites for clients, opting for one with AI capabilities.
When it comes to more customized site work, you can utilize ChatGPT in a variety of ways.
For example, ChatGPT can handle these simple tasks that web designers must take on:
- Demo content creation
- Code snippets for templates
- Recommendations for things like servers and frameworks
- Outlines for constructing wireframes
And here’s more advanced web design work that ChatGPT can handle:
- Produce starter code for full websites, sections of a website (like a homepage or landing page), or smaller elements, like a hero image or list.
- Tell ChatGPT the coding language, then ask it to complete whatever coding you already wrote.
- Ask for suggestions on formulating the file hierarchy for any website.
- Request that ChatGPT entirely change the styling of a current web element using CSS.
- Have ChatGPT edit and debug previously written code for apps and software.
In the same realm, we also see ChatGPT as a useful tool for programming other products like apps, software, and chatbots – not just websites.
4. Bootstrap a startup with HustleGPT 🚀
The HustleGPT community started as an experiment that involved asking ChatGPT how to make the most money quickly, with $100. The responses from ChatGPT laid the groundwork for the founder of HustleGPT to launch an affiliate marketing site focused on eco-friendly products. It received some small investors and helped foster a community of people enthusiastic about using AI to bootstrap startups.
You can join the conversation on Reddit, Twitter, and Discord. The AI Cofounded website is the official hub for everything HustleGPT, while this GitHub page contains the archives of what’s called The HustleGPT Challenge.
Some ideas from the community that were either suggested or put into action include:
- Receiving detailed investment strategies from ChatGPT for short-term gains (not recommended, but interesting nonetheless)
- Creating GPT integration apps to sell on places like Gumroad
- Scraping the internet for quick moneymaking opportunities online – like sweepstakes, raffles, and freebies – then aggregating it for easy redemption
- Finding a dream job through ChatGPT
- Building an ecommerce or affiliate marketing website with dropshipped products suggested by ChatGPT, code written by ChatGPT, and content created by ChatGPT
- Using ChatGPT as a consultant to make certain jobs safer, cleaner, or more efficient
- AI-generated solutions for gardeners
- AI-powered bartending suggestions
And that’s just a small list from the thousands of hustles created due to HustleGPT.
It’s worth noting that the original HustleGPT business never seemed to actually make money with ChatGPT. It just received some very small investments and lots of social media attention. It has, however, showed the potential for ChatGPT in the entrepreneurship economy and fostered in a nice community of enthusiasts who are eager to explore the space.
5. Write and edit content 🧑💻
As a language model, the main product you receive from ChatGPT is written content. As such, it makes sense that you could make money writing blog posts, knowledgeable articles, ecommerce product descriptions, website content, and even books.
As of right now, any competent writer would look at ChatGPT results and know it’s not a replacement for writing by a human. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t strengthen the way writing is produced.
ChatGPT provides writers:
- Outlines based on specific topics
- Keywords that may fare well in terms of SEO
- Writing prompts to keep the creative juices flowing
- Rewrites to content that isn’t quite polished
- Full blog posts, tutorials, resumes, and stories that work as starting points for restructuring and adding your own insights
Does this mean you can ask ChatGPT to write a complete document, then just send it to a client? Absolutely not. As mentioned, the content currently produced by ChatGPT has its flaws, whether that’s homogenous answers, inaccuracy of recent news, or its inability to grasp the intricacies of experiences in the human world. Not to mention, online content requires tasks like SEO optimization, formatting, image finding and uploading, link placement, and more. However, ChatGPT is definitely a wonderful tool to make something that needs polishing. Or better yet, add bits and pieces to the content you write when something is missing.
As for making money with ChatGPT, here’s the type of content it can help with:
- Email marketing text
- Online tutorials
- Customer support documentation
- Website content
- Product descriptions
- Blog posts
6. Produce YouTube videos and course content 🎬
A script for a video is one of those things that’s often roughly written, outlined using simple wording, and never seen by the actual viewer of the content. It’s a stepping stone to producing the final product: a video.
ChatGPT seems like the perfect match for scriptwriting. Maybe not for a Hollywood movie, but for YouTubers who make their own content, and those who shoot and sell online courses.
It’s a win-win situation to make money with ChatGPT: no one loses their job (since the scriptwriter is also the video maker), and that video maker gets to speed up a tedious part of generating video content.
Can you make money with ChatGPT?⌛💸
Yes. People are already making money with it. But if you’re not one of the developers of a software that uses OpenAI technology, where does that leave you?
After all, those developers seem to be trying to replace all the other jobs, right? 🤔
That’s not necessarily the case, however. ChatGPT is taking the world by storm, and we’re starting to see it used by ordinary people in their emails, texts, artwork, and business tasks. So far, OpenAI tech has proven itself as a complementary tool to potentially speed up tasks for everyone from marketers to web designers, and writers to social media managers.
So, yes, you can make money with ChatGPT, but mainly by adding it to your stack of automation tools you already use. Give us your thoughts on learning to make money with ChatGPT in the comments!
Don’t forget to join our crash course on speeding up your WordPress site. Learn more below: