Detailed contact information is always important for a website owner, and especially if the website was built for a business purpose. The unfortunate fact is that we should never rely on the visitor’s “drive” to sniff around and find the contact data on their own. This is the kind of information that should always be directly right in front of them. It just makes it easy for the visitors to find you and communicate with you effectively.
In short, we’ve analyzed how this plugin performs and now we want to share our findings with you.
The things you’ll learn here:
- What Intergeo Maps is
- What its main features are
- Who needs Intergeo Maps plugin and why
- How you can get it
- How it works
- The pros and cons
- How much it costs … okay, this I can tell you right away … it costs nothing ($0)
What are the main features of this plugin?
- A powerful UI builder that’s also user-friendly. With it, you can quickly change everything you need about the map. Here’s what can be done with the UI builder precisely:
- set up an initial position and zooming level,
- adjust controls and positioning,
- set up map color styles by using predefined color schemes or custom color settings,
- add overlays – markers, rectangles, circles, polylines, and polygons,
- create routes from an address to another,
- integrate AdSense, so you can display ads on the maps.
- You can create Google maps using shortcodes. The standard shortcode form is
[intergeo]Your address[/intergeo]. But you can add other attributes like
- You can create a map with the UI builder. And this is the part where you’ll have to explore the plugin’s customization options.
- The plugin has a Maps Library, where it keeps every map you’ve ever created.
Who needs the Intergeo Maps plugin and why?
This plugin might be a good choice if showing a detailed information about a specific place is a must for you and for your business.
For instance, travel-related businesses could use Intergeo Maps to show driving directions, bicycle paths, or anything else that’s location-specific. The maps even allow you to display weather info if it’s of value to you.
Also, if your business is based in multiple locations around the country or even the world, the plugin will help you showcase all your offices and make connections between them.
How can you get this plugin?
Like with most free WordPress plugins, the installation can be handled either straight from your dashboard (go to Plugins, click on Add New, and input the plugin’s name there), or by going to the plugin’s official page at https://wordpress.org/plugins/intergeo-maps/.
How does it work?
After you have the plugin installed, all you have to do is access the dashboard, and then go to the page or post where you want to insert the map. Click on Add Media, and in the left bar you’ll see Intergeo Maps. This is where the fun starts!
As you can see, there are plenty of customization options in the right sidebar. You can change the way the whole map looks, the position of the legend, the markers, directions and dimensions, the detailed information about the weather and the traffic, and a couple of other interesting options.
The map view can be changed into road, terrain, satellite, or hybrid. In Zoomimg, you can change the zoom range value. If you want a closer or a further view to a specific point on the map, you can modify those numbers.
In Styles, you can choose the dimensions of the map. You can pick the width and the height, and the color of the map. You can set a simple border too.
Additionally, you can select the Custom style option and use your own styling for the whole map.
Moreover, if you want to point out some specific points or places on the map (to make them more visible), you can draw various geometric figures (rectangles, circles, polygons, and markers) via the Overlays section. Just click on the figure menu that will appear at the top of the map and start drawing what you need.
Last but not least, the Intergeo Maps plugin comes with AdSense integration. This can be helpful if you want to monetize your site some more by displaying contextually related ads. Of course, the usefulness of this part depends on your business model and your purpose for the site.
The bottom line
Okay, it’s time to list the pros and cons of this plugin, and share the final verdict.
- It’s free.
- User-friendly and easy-to-use interface.
- If you don’t need a complex map, you can simply use the default shortcode.
- You can create personalized and good-looking maps, to carry your “signature.”
- The visual elements look awesome and close to reality.
- If you need to forecast the weather on your map, it offers you such possibility.
- You can present your location on the map in a very detailed manner and highlight various individual pieces of info related to it.
- The obvious … if you just need the simplest map on your site, you can still get it faster just by going to Google Maps directly and getting an embed code.
What do you think? Have you tested it yet?
Latest posts by Adelina Tuca (see all)
- December 2017 WordPress News – This Month in WordPress w/ CodeinWP - December 4, 2017
- 20+ Best Free Parallax WordPress Themes 2017 - December 1, 2017
- November 2017 WordPress News – This Month in WordPress w/ CodeinWP - November 6, 2017