Even though many consider email as being obsolete, it is still the most effective solution for connecting with your audience and keeping them updated with your content on a regular basis.
- According to a study made by Gigaom and Extole, email is considered the best tactic for many companies to promote their products. The study is based on survey responses from 300 marketers in the U.S. The result shows that email is used regularly by 86 percent of respondents.
- Also, according to data from Radicati, there are four billion email accounts worldwide and the number is estimated to increase to over 4.3 billion in 2016.
- Need more data? ExactTarget says that 95 percent of online consumers use email. And 91 percent of them use email at least daily.
Do you still think that social networks are the main player today? Doesn’t seem like so.
Email marketing vs. WordPress
To help you get started with email promotions and email marketing in WordPress, I’ve compiled a list of the best WordPress-friendly email marketing solutions (and plugins), which can help you keep your audience updated with what you’re doing, and hence grow your business over the long haul.
It lets you send and track emails, manage subscribers, view analytics, create nice email templates, and setup autoresponders. With MailChimp, you can create campaigns that will handle sending emails every time your blog gets updated. Also, it lets you create highly customizable sign-up forms and sign-up checkboxes with various forms on your site, e.g. your comment or contact forms.
The easiest way to handle the integration is with the MailChimp for WordPress plugin. The installation is simple and the only thing you need afterwards is an API key to connect your MailChimp account with the plugin.
SendinBlue is an email marketing service provider. Much like MailChimp. It covers email marketing, transactional emails and mobile text messaging. It is dedicated to both beginners and advanced users.
It comes with a free membership option that covers all the features. There’s just one restriction: there’s a limit of 9,000 emails per month.
SendinBlue has its own WordPress plugin. It offers a lot of options and comes with all the features you would expect it to have. Setting up the plugin is easy for everyone. Go to your account and copy/paste your API and Secret Keys. Once you do this, you can start creating email marketing campaigns right from your WordPress website.
One of its most important features is the exit intent pop-up, which allows you to “catch” the visitors exactly when they are just about to leave your site. The plugin achieves this by tracking mouse speed and the visitor’s gestures.
After installing and activating the plugin, in the Setup, you just have to select what kind of form you want to show on your website (e.g. Lightbox, Footer Bar, Slide In). Next, you have to configure it: choose the opt-in title, the duration, the loading delay, exit intent etc. The next step is to choose the design of the opt-in and to customize it. Everything is very easy to grasp.
This plugin has drag-and-drop options, so you can quickly add your website logo or any pictures. You can change the text, the images, the styles and the plugin themes.
Working with SendPress is like writing a post in WordPress. It has six sections: Overview, Emails, Reports, Subscribers, Settings and Queue. In the Emails section, you have to create the subject and the text that your subscribers will receive. Also, you can choose the design, the color, and the pictures. The last section shows every person on your mailing list who is going to receive your newsletter.
There are a handful of modules in LeadPages. For instance, LeadBoxes. It allows you to create your own two-step opt-ins. Through it, you can turn any link on any website into a link that displays a popover subscription form when clicked. Also, LeadPages generates a LeadLink which lets subscribers join your list or sub-list, and also subscribe to a webinar with just one click.
Overall, this plugin is very easy to use for everyone. Once installed, click on its Add New section and start writing your email. On the right side of the WordPress window, you can select the time when you want your email to be sent and the list to which it will be sent.
As you can see, email remains to be the best marketing solution and it still rocks year after year. Unlike many other tools, email is the one people don’t get tired of and continue to use. That’s because it’s private, safe and offers a simple way to contact everyone.
And for you, email marketing is what helps you send announcements, promote your work and create more intimate relationships with your audience. So start using it in your business and the results will show up sooner than you think.
* This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and then purchase the product, we’ll receive a small fee. No worries though, you’ll still pay the standard amount so there’s no cost on your part.
Latest posts by Adelina Tuca (see all)
- October 2017 WordPress Comics … w/ CodeinWP - October 5, 2017
- September 2017 WordPress News – This Month in WordPress w/ CodeinWP - October 2, 2017
- 20+ Best WordPress Themes That Work Great With Beaver Builder, Elementor and Visual Composer - September 15, 2017