Being a musician in this day and age goes way beyond “just” making music. You also have to find and invest in ways of reaching your fans. One of the key steps in promoting your music online is to launch a website. The web offers many platforms that you can use to create a cool online presence, so what we did in this post was simplify your quest of finding the best website builder for musicians.
These themed builders come with features and integrations that are specific to a musician’s needs, which you would otherwise have to build from scratch (or hire someone to do it for you).
From music templates to playlists, ticketing systems, event management, or merchandise stores…these website builders for musicians will bring you everything you need to start your own website and give your creative work a voice online.
Let’s dive right in!
🎵 Looking for the best website builder for musicians? Your top options
Now that we’ve shared what makes these website builders perfect for musicians, let’s compare the five best options. Each option in our showcase has the essential features, so the best option for you will depend on your budget and any special features you’d like use.
Top features 📋
- Collection of mobile-friendly templates for musicians.
- Visual editing without coding.
- Preset layouts for electronic press kits.
- Connection with third-party music-related apps (YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandsintown, Bandcamp).
- Selling system: tickets, orders, merchandise, crowdfunding, subscriptions.
- Blog and music player.
Bandzoogle is a website builder made solely for musicians. Not only does it let you create a website oriented towards your hobby, but it also comes with all the necessary marketing channels that will get you the exposure you seek.
There’s nothing technical about this platform. It provides hosting, a free custom domain name, analytics, and the designs that one needs to get started online without the intervention of a developer.
Apart from the integration with many music-related apps and websites, you have access to professional email newsletters, search engine optimization, and social media connectivity.
- Lite: $8.29/month
- Standard: $12.46/month
- Pro: $16.63/month
While Wix is used worldwide for broader purposes, it has a great collection of templates for musicians and provides a few apps that will help you set up your website with everything in place: song sales, Spotify player, SoundCloud integration, custom background music, and video functionality.
Wix is easy to manage because everything happens in the front-end, and you can customize the design with a drag-and-drop editor. With Wix, you can also create your band/artist logo through its free tool that gives you nice layouts, custom settings, and suggestions that match your purpose.
Wix has its own hosting, and the setup is straightforward. However, you will need to buy the domain name separately and accept the Wix brand ads if you go with the free or the first pricing plan.
- Connect Domain – $5.50/month
- Combo – $10.30/month
- Unlimited – $15.20/month
- Business & eCommerce – starting at $20/month
👉 If you want to learn more about Wix pricing and what comes with each tier, we have a whole separate resource that goes through this in detail.
Top features 📋
- Website editor, no coding skills required.
- eCommerce friendly (for selling products).
- 14 templates for artists, bands, music producers, and music magazines.
- Personal blog, SEO tools, and online playlists.
- Events and tour dates management, with online ticketing.
- Bandsintown and SoundCloud integration.
SITE123 is a free website builder that puts a bunch of templates for musicians at your disposal. You can sort them based on the role of your website (for instance, producer, artist, DJ, studio, event, or blog). After setting up the design, you can start customizing your pages via their visual site editor and create an online store where you can sell your music and physical brand products.
Apart from selling your music online, you can also showcase your tour dates with the possibility of selling tickets directly through the platform. SITE123 also comes with Bandsintown and SoundCloud integration if you want to make your site more lively.
This one is a good free alternative when it comes to the best website builder for musicians, as it provides free hosting too (for the custom domain name you need to upgrade, though).
- Basic: $8/month
- Advanced: $14/month
- Professional: $20.50/month
- Gold: $26.60/month
4. Music Glue
Top features 📋
- Online ticketing system.
- Fan club integration with rewards and gifts for the fans.
- Analytics for sales, trends, average basket spend, and more.
- Dedicated account manager for marketing tips, selling advice, and campaign support.
- Album pre-order bundles and ticket bundles.
- Online stores for artists, with advanced marketing and SEO tools.
Music Glue is also a platform for music websites but with a different purpose. This builder focuses particularly on the eCommerce and business side of music. If you want to sell your music and your brand products, you can create an account on Music Glue and you will have your own merchandise place from where you can sell directly to your fans.
This kind of platform is particularly useful if you do not want to sign contracts with third-party promoters and partners to make your work reach your audience. Moreover, you can build a community around your brand, create fan clubs, announce the latest news, and get to know your followers through advanced analytics.
- Lite: $7/month (for artists and bands)
- Premium: up for debate (for managers, record labels, merch companies, and promoters)
Top features 📋
- Portfolio and blogging tools.
- Music-related templates.
- Audio player, social media connectivity, and calendars for your events.
- Drag-and-drop music playlist.
- Events showcase (concerts, festivals, Q&As).
- eCommerce ready for merchandise and digital music sales.
Similar to Wix, Squarespace has a broader usage, but it is also a great contender to the best website builder for musicians. It has a dedicated landing page through which you can set up a music website directly, with all the related features.
You get to pick one of the music templates and add all the functionality that you need for your website, such as playlists, upcoming events, an online store for merchandise, a music blog, and social media integration.
Squarespace provides its own hosting, a free domain name, and a modern onboarding process. In addition, it brings many free and premium extensions and tools, including a logo maker.
- Personal: $16.00/month
- Business: $23.00/month
- Basic Commerce: $27/month
- Advanced Commerce: $49/month
Top features 📋
- Mobile-friendly designs for single artists and bands.
- Music player and photo galleries.
- Online selling system through customizable online stores.
- Blog and newsletter integration.
- Video-friendly platform (you can connect it with YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook).
- Guestbooks and polls for fans.
A platform for band websites, but it fits solo artists as well. Similar to the other website builders on the list, it comes with a gallery of dedicated templates, eCommerce availability to create a merchandise store in minutes, photo/video galleries, email marketing feature, a blog, and tools to keep your fans engaged on your site.
Once you subscribe, you get free hosting, a custom domain name, and a free premier membership on Bandmix.
- Silver: $9.95/month
- Gold: $10.85/month
- Platinum: $15.85/month
Top features 📋
- Full control over the appearance and functionality of your site.
- Tons of music-related themes and templates (free and premium).
- Tens of dedicated plugins for events, eCommerce, playlists, marketing, portfolio, and much more.
- Blogging modules.
- Advanced customization options.
- SEO-friendly and responsive.
While WordPress is not a website builder per se, it’s a platform you might want to look into before picking your winner as the best website builder for musicians.
WordPress is a content management system that will give you the most control over your site’s looks and performance – which doesn’t come without a price, though. That means you have to look for hosting yourself, set up the site, install themes and plugins, customize it in a way that requires more effort than the other builders, and maintain it in the long run.
WordPress offers a huge palette of themes for musicians and plugins that will provide you with the functionality you need for a music website: from eCommerce to events, music players, integrations with music apps, social media, crowdfunding, marketing, and basically anything you could wish for.
👉 Here’s a full guide on how to start a music website with WordPress, which provides hosting recommendations, examples of beautiful templates, and presents the tools that you need to optimize the site for your niche.
👉 Here’s our ultimate guide on how to build a website on WordPress. We go from start to finish and leave no important issue left unexplained.
Free, but requires paid web hosting. The prices on that start from $2.75/month (Bluehost offers these prices, for example; and you also get a free domain name included).
🤔 How to choose your best website builder for musicians
These are our proposals for the best website builder for musicians, but at the end of the day it all comes down to your specific needs. Let’s make a quick summary of all the platforms that we presented in this post, in case you are still in doubt about which one is your personal winner:
Which one would you choose as the best website builder for musicians? Feel free to let us know what option looks the most promising to you and why via the comments section below.
Don’t forget to join our crash course on speeding up your WordPress site. Learn more below:
Layout and presentation by Chris Fitzgerald and Karol K.