Shopify is one of the top options out there for anyone interested in building an ecommerce store the easy way. With an emphasis on “the easy way.”
However, if you want your shop to succeed, you may need more features than the default setup provides. That’s why we’re going to review 18 of the best Shopify apps. To keep things simple, we’ll separate them into the following categories:
Let’s dive in!
Best shipping apps for Shopify
If you want to ensure that you’re creating the best customer experience, a streamlined shipping process is key! Here are three must-have Shopify apps for shipping.
To calculate shipping fees, you’ll need to consider tons of factors like location, product weight, carrier rates, and more. You won’t want to waste time figuring this out manually. With the Advanced Shipping Rules app, you’re able to automate this entire process using conditional logic.
- Easily create shipping rules with many variables and conditions.
- Get real-time carrier rates.
- Access top-rated customer support.
Plans for this app start at $7 per month. It also offers a seven-day free trial.
If your store has an expansive customer base and lots of products of different sizes/weights, shipping rates will vary significantly. In this scenario, Advanced Shipping Rules may be worth it.
Aftership Tracking is one of the top Shopify apps, with over 3,000 positive reviews. This tool provides a centralized shipping hub to track all your orders. It also creates branded tracking pages and sends email and SMS notifications to customers.
- Generate AI-powered estimated delivery dates.
- Send email and SMS notifications to customers.
- Access analytics on shipping status and performance.
Aftership Tracking has a free plan, and premium plans start at $11 per month.
Due to its many features that focus on easing customer anxiety around shipping, it’s one of the best Shopify apps for those who sell higher-ticket items.
Packlink PRO Shipping Platform might be for you if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution. This is one of the best Shopify apps for ecommerce because it can drastically simplify the entire shipping process. It can help save you money and improve the customer experience by providing expanded shipping options.
- Create a custom workflow.
- Access pre-negotiated rates for national/international carriers.
- Sync the app with Shopify orders in real time.
This tool is free to install. Additionally, the official app advertises that you “only pay for what you ship” and that “additional charges may apply”.
As the name suggests, this Shopify app is the complete package, so it’s best if you’re looking for an all-in-one shipping solution.
Best Shopify apps to increase sales
If you already have an established store, you might be perusing the Shopify apps marketplace to find ways to maximize your revenue. Now let’s look at three Shopify must-have apps to increase sales!
Convincing people to buy once is hard enough — encouraging them to come back time and time again can be even more challenging. Smile: Rewards & Loyalty lets you add a loyalty program to your Shopify store to encourage repeat purchases and increase sales.
- Set up various types of programs for your store, including loyalty points, referrals, and VIP programs.
- Customize how your programs work, including how and when customers are rewarded.
- Integrate your program with various external tools, including MailChimp, ReCharge, and HubSpot.
The free plan will let you set up and run a simple program, while premium versions include additional customization options, analytics features, and more. Paid plans start at $49 per month.
If your store relies on repeat purchases from a loyal customer base, Smile: Rewards & Loyalty is one of the best Shopify apps you can choose.
If your store features excellent products that keep selling out, you may consider getting Amai PreOrder Manager + Notify. This app allows you to keep selling even when you’re low on inventory. Plus, it can generate hype and help keep customers happy!
- Put your pre-order settings on auto-pilot.
- Allow customers to sign up for stock notifications.
- Use ‘coming soon’ buttons, partial payment options, and discounts.
This is one of the top apps for Shopify, but it’s a little pricey, costing $24.95 per month. It includes a 14-day free trial.
This Shopify app is best for stores that feature lots of ‘best-selling’ items that sell out and cause a bottleneck in the sales funnel.
If you want to enable people to customize the items they purchase, Infinite Options is well worth a look. This app lets you offer your customers a wide range of choices, so they can select specific features, add personalization, and much more.
- Permit customers to personalize products via simple drop-down menus, checkboxes, and similar inputs.
- Add an unlimited number of customization options to each product.
- Automatically include additional charges for specific features and services.
Infinite Options costs $9.99 per month and includes a 14-day free trial.
While Shopify includes some basic product customization options, Infinite Options is one of the best free Shopify apps for offering personalization (or add-ons) to your items. Since you can charge more for bespoke items, this tool could help increase your Average Order Value (AOV).
Best Shopify apps for email marketing
If you’re looking for Shopify marketing apps, you’d be wise to prioritize a tool that incorporates an email strategy. That’s because email is one of the most effective channels for promotion. Without further ado, here are three of the best Shopify apps for email marketing!
While there are plenty of excellent email marketing tools available, Omnisend is one of the most popular. It’s a powerful all-in-one solution that allows you to create email and SMS campaigns. It’s also mobile responsive and provides tools to reduce cart abandonment rates.
- Access professional email templates.
- Create email and SMS campaigns.
- Use more than 20 pre-built marketing automations.
- Grow your email list using pop-ups and other lead-generation forms.
Omnisend offers a free plan that lets you send up to 500 emails per month. Advanced plans start at $16 per month.
Since Omnisend offers tons of ready-to-use templates and pre-configured automations, it’s one of the best Shopify apps for beginners.
If you want to level up your email and SMS marketing strategies with sophisticated features, Privy is another fantastic choice. This Shopify app offers a straightforward drag-and-drop editor, tons of pre-built templates, and 1-1 onboarding.
- Choose from tons of email templates.
- Utilize email and SMS automation tools.
- Get expert onboarding and 1-1 coaching/support.
Privy’s free plan allows for 100 email contacts. Paid plans start at $30 per month.
Privy might be a good choice if you’re looking for advanced pop-up targeting and/or a tool that works well with Shopify coupons.
If you’re a fan of Canva and cater to a smaller customer base, Seguno may be a perfect choice! This powerful Shopify app enables you to create beautiful, branded content and securely send marketing emails.
- Get unlimited sending (but not unlimited subscribers).
- Send messages securely with spam protection and built-in deliverability assistance.
- Design beautiful emails using Canva.
- Utilize a library of pre-built automations.
Seguno is free for up to 250 subscribers. After that, it will cost $10 per month for 1,000.
As we mentioned, Seguno is a great option if you already use Canva. Additionally, due to its subscriber-centric payment model, it’s best if you want to send lots of emails to a smaller number of users.
Best Shopify apps for SEO
While more traditional forms of marketing like email and SMS campaigns are crucial, you’ll also need to focus on generating organic traffic to your website. That means prioritizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO). With that in mind, here are some of the best Shopify apps for SEO!
10. Plug In SEO
If you want to attract customers to your Shopify store, Plug In SEO can help. This powerful tool can run a complete SEO audit for your store. Then, it will show you how to fix any SEO issues. Plus, it lets you use structured data, keyword targeting, and more.
- Scan your store for traffic-limiting SEO problems.
- Display detailed results, telling you exactly what issues are present.
- Check titles, headings, meta descriptions, page performance, content structure, and more.
The free version of Plug In SEO lets you scan your store as often as you’d like. Premium plans start at $29.99 per month, which helps you optimize your shop’s SEO, among other benefits.
Any Shopify store can benefit from careful attention to SEO, and this app will help you spot any problems that need to be addressed.
You may also be interested in:
- 8 Best Abandoned Cart Emails: You’re Losing 7/10 Buyers – Stop!
- Shopify vs BigCommerce: What’s The Better Ecommerce Platform?
- WooCommerce Pricing: How Much Will You Spend When Creating an Online Store?
Attractive product images form the cornerstone of any effective ecommerce store. Hextom: Bulk Image Edit & Image SEO helps ensure your Shopify product images are fully optimized. The app handles a lot of key image-related tasks and includes some helpful automation options.
- Customize image file names and ‘alt text’ for SEO purposes.
- Resize images to Shopify standards (and for social media use).
- Compress your images to save space and keep your store running fast.
The free plan lets you edit 50 images per month, which is somewhat limiting. Most users will benefit from the $9.99 per month tier instead, which lets you make up to 1,000 edits.
If you display product images in your store and don’t have the time to optimize each one individually, Hextom: Bulk Image Edit can save you a lot of effort.
12. Avada SEO Suite
When it comes to SEO, Avada SEO Suite is one of the top apps for Shopify. This robust tool also has a clear focus on image optimization, including settings for compression, resizing, and alt text. Furthermore, with a pro plan, you will get additional advanced capabilities to speed up your site and make it more visible in search results.
- Use image/alt optimization.
- Use Google structured data.
- Pro plans include advanced, automatic SEO fixes.
This app has a free option, and paid plans start at $34.95 per month.
The great thing about this Shopify app is that it’s truly designed for all users, from beginner to advanced. However, it’s on the pricier side, so it might not be for you if you have a limited budget.
Best Shopify apps for reviews
In the past, word-of-mouth marketing was extremely important. Today, online customer reviews function in much the same way. So, what’s the best review app for Shopify? Here are our top three contenders!
A significant part of running a successful store is convincing each visitor to make a purchase. Fera helps you do that by creating a sense of urgency. This app enables you to display real-time pop-ups, which let people know what other customers are up to.
- Display notifications in your store when customers purchase items.
- Show the number of people who added products to their carts and who are currently viewing the page.
- Share intelligent social proof feed to boost brand trustworthiness.
This app has a free version, but most users will find it limiting. Premium plans start at $9 per month.
If you have a modest amount of activity in your store and want to encourage more conversions through urgency and social proof, this app is a simple and handy solution.
Yotpo Reviews, Photos, and Q&A lets you easily add customer reviews to your Shopify store. This way, visitors can feel more confident about making informed purchasing decisions.
- Automatically collect reviews, product photos, questions, and answers from your customers.
- Display reviews and ratings in multiple places throughout your store.
- Moderate reviews and respond to them either publicly or privately.
The base version of Yotpo is free and is sufficient for many stores. The premium plans, starting at $15 per month, offer additional features such as review carousels, coupons, and upsell options.
Reviews are practically a must-have for an online store. For this reason, Yotpo is one of the best Shopify apps for any user.
No matter what type of product you sell, Loox is one of those Shopify must-have apps. This elegant tool enables you to display all of your reviews using eye-catching grids, lists, carousels, and more. It also has several automatic features that incentivize users to leave reviews.
- Easily display reviews using widgets.
- Get more reviews with Google Shopping integration.
- Automatically generate referral links.
- Use this app in multi-lingual stores.
Loox plans start at $9.99 per month.
Since this tool can support multiple languages, it might be a good choice for stores with international customers. It’s also ideal for anyone who wants to encourage more customer reviews that include photos.
Best dropshipping apps for Shopify
Last but not least, we’ve decided to round up some ecommerce Shopify apps just for the dropshipping businesses out there. Let’s get to it!
If you run a dropshipping business with a global reach, Zendrop might be the perfect fit. Using this popular Shopify app, you can automate the fulfillment process, create custom branding, and much more. Plus, you can more easily add products to your store in just one click!
- Get unlimited orders per month (pro plan).
- Create custom branding.
- Automate your order fulfillment process.
With a free plan, you’ll get access to over 1 million products and unlimited imports to your store. However, you’ll need a pro plan to unlock additional features. Plans start at $49 per month.
Zendrop boasts an enormous catalog of items, so if you’re looking to grow your dropshipping business with expanded product options, this app may be a good choice.
Do you run a dropshipping business specializing in products in the U.S. and Europe? If so, Spocket might be worth considering. It unlocks big wholesale discounts (with no minimum order requirements). Plus, you’ll be able to generate branded invoices.
- Access wholesale prices with no minimum order.
- Create branded invoicing.
- Automate AliExpress dropshipping.
- Access 24/7 customer support.
The free version of Spocket lets you browse its catalog and utilize free AliExpress dropshipping. For more features, plans start at $29.99 per month.
This app is a good option for users who want to work with AliExpress products.
A Shopify store can be a great place to sell custom designs. However, you’ll need a way to print those designs once customers have placed their orders. Printful provides a full-featured printing service, making it simple to offer a wide variety of options in your store.
- List product options in your store, have them printed and stored, then shipped.
- Let customers personalize your designs and have them printed on t-shirts, posters, embroidery, and more.
- Create product mockups, so customers can see what each item will look like.
The app itself is free. However, you’ll need a Printful account, as each order will come with a small fee attached. You’ll get more advanced features with one of the premium plans, which start at $9 per month.
Graphic designers and other creatives who don’t want to worry about printing and shipping products will find this app invaluable.
Final thoughts on the best Shopify apps
One of the best things about Shopify is that you can customize exactly how your store works by using a suitable combination of extras. And this is exactly where some of the best Shopify apps come into play.
If you’d like to automate shipping in your Shopify store, Advanced Shipping Rules could be a great option. Meanwhile, Avada SEO Suite can optimize your product images and boost your store’s SEO to attract more organic traffic.
Do you have any questions about installing apps in your Shopify store? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Don’t forget to join our crash course on speeding up your WordPress site. Learn more below: