If you’re looking for only the best free WordPress themes in the market for 2022, then you’re in the right place. We have more than 25+ such themes for you right here! 🤩
This list covers a lot of ground. Here’s what you’ll find below: niche themes, multipurpose themes, business themes, minimal themes, free WordPress themes built with Bootstrap, responsive themes (optimized for mobile and desktop), themes for page builders such as Elementor.
Not to mention, all of them are free to download. If you want to make a design change this year, or just want some recommendations in this direction, you’re going to enjoy this a lot. Here’s the complete list of the best free WordPress themes available.
Best free WordPress themes on the market in 2022:
It’s often been said that you can’t please everybody, but whoever said that, hasn’t met Neve. Beginners building their first WordPress site love Neve for its ease of use and compatibility with popular website builders, while seasoned web developers appreciate it for its full gauntlet of features, fast performance, reliable code, and consistent updates. With its mobile-first approach, Neve can really make your business website shine.
- Lighting fast (can load in less than one second)
- Simple to set up and easy to use
- Seamlessly integrates with all popular page builders
- Extremely lightweight (Google will love you)
- Customizable header and footer
- Quality code and full support
- Reliable updates
- Over 100 ready-to-import starter sites
With thousands of active installations across the internet, there’s a reason that WordPress lovers continue to put their faith in Sydney. Actually, there isn’t a reason, there are many. Sydney offers a plethora of customizations, including full control over layout and color schemes, logo uploads, sticky menus and lots more. If that’s not enough, you can import one of their templates to get your business website up-and-running in no time.
- Stunning design options (control the color, text, buttons, etc)
- Multiple menu choices (static, sticky, inline, centered, transparent)
- 18 professionally designed starter sites (three are included in the free version)
- 11 footer widget layouts with editable footer credits
- Full WooCommerce integration
- Optimized for Core Web Vitals
- Compatible with the most popular language translation plugins
- Recommended by and fully integrated with the Elementor site builder
What happens when high performance takes a great user experience out to lunch and they fall in love? Hestia happens. This stylish one page theme is sure to make your business website stand out in a crowded, competitive space. Not only will the search engines and your visitors be fans, but you’ll also feel right at home when using it. Take a peek at all the wonderful features below.
- Slick material design to impress site visitors
- Seamless integration with the block editor and all popular page builders
- WooCommerce online store capability
- SEO-ready structure, plus a clean and optimized source code
- Live customizer (see changes in real-time as you make them)
- Ultra-fast loading times
- One-click updates and fast support
- Powerful, responsive, and user-friendly mega menu (arrange and organize submenu content)
If you’re planning on launching a one-page business website, you really need that one page to demand your visitor’s attention. OnePress was designed with you in mind. It’s simple and straightforward, yet within its simplicity, you’ll find a theme that’s highly functional, SEO-optimized, and with an aesthetic design. There’s no need to look at one more theme, OnePress is the one for you.
- Responsive design that adapts to several devices and screen sizes
- Parallax backgrounds so visitors can enjoy your aesthetic content in parallax scrolling sections
- Built-in customizer so you can quickly change aspects of the design
- HTML5 and CSS3 compliant coding
- Optimized for speed because loading time matters
- Tested for browser compatibility for a consistent visitor experience
- Paid version includes one year of free updates and priority customer support
- Option to translate the theme into the language of your choice
It’s 2022. Hype alone isn’t going to make your business website excel. If you’re searching for a theme that’s backed up by some serious performance numbers, then OceanWP is here to answer that call. The staggering amount of positive reviews (currently rated 98%) that OceanWP has accumulated is a testament to the fact that it is doing something right. Check out the features below for a deeper dive.
- Fully customizable with no coding skills required
- Multiple menus, including three different mobile menu styles
- Visibility control (show only what you want and where you want it)
- Full color and typography settings
- Breadcrumb options to help reduce your bounce rate
- Seven pre-made headers with customization capability
- Adjustable logos for normal, large and mobile screens
- WooCommerce integration (build an online store with ease)
“Ad astra” is a Latin phrase meaning “to the stars,” and with the type of numbers this WordPress theme has put up on the board, “to the stars” is fitting. With over a million active installations on the internet, it’s no wonder that the official Astra page braggadociously bills itself as the most popular theme of all time. If you want your business website to reach the moon, Astra might be just the theme to get you there.
- Lightweight theme with excellent performance based on test results
- Pixel perfect website demos available in the Astra library to reduce web design time
- WordPress Customizer so you can customize your business site without relying on code
- Seamless integration with Elementor, BeaverBuilder, Yoast, LearnDash, and other popular tools
- Ability to turn off the page title and sidebar to create full-width pages with design freedom
- Several header layout options built-in (Pro version has even more)
- Full control over width, content and even the meta of blog posts & archive pages
- Brand continuity through global color and font settings to maintain a consistent look
If you’re a WordPress beginner and feel intimidated at the thought of building your own business website, then Blocksy’s tagline will speak to your soul: “Build your next web project visually in minutes, without coding skills.” Blocksy doesn’t only make you feel at ease, but also offers plenty of features for both beginners and seasoned WordPress users to get excited about. Check them out below.
- Built to work with popular WordPress page builders like Elementor, Brizy, and BeaverBuilder
- Hyper-intuitive options to customize and change every part of your website in real-time
- Ability to manage and access color and background options where and when you need them
- Freedom to change the typography in each part of your website – globally or locally
- Five types of modern and clean archive layouts for your blog posts
- SEO ready right from the first line of code
- Modern page hero/title sections with parallax effects and more
- Related posts section to reduce the bounce rate by displaying more recommended content
As its name implies, Customify is a theme that was made to bend to your will. Openly advertising itself as “the most customizable WordPress theme on the market,” it has a lot of flexibility as you’d expect, but the advantages don’t stop there. It’s also compatible with all the popular page builders, optimized for speed and SEO, and offers email support if you need help while building your business website.
- Dozens of available pre-made sites ready to import
- Edit and see the changes in real-time with the built-in visual editor
- Elementor, Brizy, BeaverBuilder, ThriveArchitect, and other page builder integration also available
- High-level of customization including unlimited typography settings
- Create a header or footer exactly the way you want it to be displayed
- Plus a unique header specifically for mobile devices
- Responsive edit modes to customize how you want a page to look on desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Pro version offers even more, including infinity scroll and mega menu for large sites
ColorMag is tailor-made for developing any kind of business website. It comes with over 25 pre-made website templates, so you can start faster than the flip of a page. For the more creative types, it’s also compatible with numerous page builders, which means you’re free to tap into your artistic genius. Build a business website from scratch without touching a line of code.
- Compatible with the block editor, Beaver Builder, Brizy, Elementor, and SiteOrigin
- Tested and proven to render a consistent visitor experience across all major web browsers
- Optimized for SEO
- Built with speed in mind and has shown in testing to load in less than one second
- Multiple widget areas and the ability to create custom widgets
- Color and font choices under your control
- Option to integrate with WooCommerce, so you can also sell things if you want to
- Forum, chat and support tickets available for assistance if you need help
Zakra’s tagline is “the only theme you’ll ever need.” That’s a bold statement, but Zakra backs it up with a host of features and close to 100 pre-made starter templates. You probably won’t even get through all of them before you find one that will fit your future business website. You will also love Zakra for its ease of use, where custom coding is welcome, but completely optional.
- User support for both free and pro versions of Zakra
- Optimized for speed to keep site loading time to a minimum
- SEO-optimized and works with major SEO plugins
- Compatible with the block editor and Elementor site builder
- Tested with all major browsers to ensure a consistently clean aesthetic look
- Widget areas are available on important areas of the theme from header to footer
- Translation-ready so that any hardcoded English text can be translated to another language
- Option to use custom CSS to tweak the look and the design of the theme
If you want to inspire your business site visitors with a theme that’s light on weight, but heavy on features, then Inspiro Lite is your choice. It’s a photo and video-focused WordPress theme with a modern design that is sure to please a crowd. The Lite version comes with plenty, but for those looking for even more, there are two upgrade options that unlock additional inspiration. Check out the Lite version features below.
- Compatible with popular page builders such as Elementor and Beaver Builder
- Works with WooCommerce so if you want to sell on your business site, then you can do so
- Includes a fullscreen area that supports Vimeo, YouTube and self-hosted video backgrounds
- Easy to manage, with a drag-and-drop interface so you don’t need to know any code
- Fully customizable using the Theme Customizer
- Accepts CSS snippets to give you even more control over the design
- Option to add WP Rocket or JetPack plugins to increase speed
- Add social icons widget or Instagram widget to convert your site visitors into followers
In web development, the term “schema” refers to a form of data added to a webpage to generate a description. Although not a guarantee, having this description does make webpages appear more prominently in search results. As you can imagine, a theme calling itself Schema is going to include this feature and be generally obsessed with SEO optimization. If ranking your business site highly is important to you, then Schema might be the right theme for you.
- Lightweight, secure, and battle-tested code to keep your site performing securely and optimally
- Fully responsive so it displays beautifully on all devices and browsers
- Built-in review system so visitors can add reviews directly on your content
- Schema markup included to help Google identify your content and rank you higher
- SEO-ready with the latest implementations to keep the Google bots crawling your site
- Over 350 icon fonts that allow you to add icons anywhere on your blog without slowing it down
- Three different related posts layouts to keep visitors on your site longer
- Custom CSS code is accepted for those who seek absolute control over their design
If you’re looking to “wow!” your future business site visitors, then the AccessPress Parallax theme is a good starting point. Even if you’re not familiar with the term “parallax“, there’s a good chance that you’ve probably been impressed by this popular 3D effect at some point in your web browsing history. It’s intuitively expected that a theme incorporating the feature name in its title will offer it, and AccessPress Parallax does not disappoint. Learn more, and get ready to say “wow!“
- Customizer-based theme so you’re able to make edits in real-time without having to use code
- Compatible with both the block editor and Elementor
- Fully responsive so your business site will look great on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Tested using major browsers to ensure a consistent visitor experience
- Configure and place social links/icons on the header/footer
- A separate, feature-rich blog layout
- Upload your logo and favicon to highlight your brand
- Add custom CSS/JS codes right from the theme panel
Zigcy Lite is a WooCommerce focused theme built to create attention-grabbing online stores. It offers the full range of WooCommerce features so you can create your business store in the most customizable way possible. It also contains three stunning pre-built demos that you can import with just one click. Along with being fully SEO optimized, the theme is also fast loading and translation ready. Get into the features below.
- Fully compatible with Elementor page builder
- Built using Customizer so you can preview in real-time as you build your business store
- All home page components are configurable to your liking
- Deep WooCommerce integration to leverage the full power of WooCommerce to your advantage
- Import a demo you like in just one click and start adding your own products to your store
- Product and content search options to allow customers and visitors to find what they want
- A beautiful CTA (call-to-action) section that features the description of the latest product
- Four layout options for both pages and posts – no sidebar, right sidebar, left sidebar, both sidebars
What’s the first thing you think of when you read the word flash? Is it the iconic DC superhero? Is it lightning? Is it speed? Is it the outdated web technology? Whatever it is, it’s about to be replaced in your brain’s personal search engine results. Once you take the Flash theme for a test run, you’ll be so impressed with how easy, flexible and feature-rich it is, that the next time you see or hear flash, you’ll be transported back to how much fun you had building your business site using this theme. Check out the fantastic Flash features below.
- Six widget areas in the sidebar to augment your site the way you want it
- Compatible with the block editor and major page builders
- Three header, logo, and menu position layouts – plus a sticky header option
- Header search box so your visitors can find exactly what they’re looking for
- Four footer widget layouts
- Back-to-top button for a convenient scrolling experience
- Breadcrumbs option to keep your visitors engaged with your content
- WooCommerce integration along with related features like product catalog, product image, etc
The word cenote is derived from a Yucatec Maya word and refers to any location with accessible groundwater. The same way that access to water is necessary for life, access to a fast, customizable, and user-friendly theme is necessary to build a successful business site. The Maya trust cenotes to provide what they need, and with all of the powerful features that this theme offers, you can trust Cenote to meet your needs as well. Take a sip from the offerings below.
- Compatible with all major browsers for a consistent visitor experience
- Optimized for both speed and SEO
- Choose the width and layout of your page with a sidebar on the left or right, or no sidebar at all
- Multiple widgets included, with the option to add custom widgets
- Over five ready-to-use starter sites to get your business site up and running
- WooCommerce integration with additional features to help you create a well managed store
- Works with many popular page builders so you can create a layout to your liking
- Add your social media links to convert your visitors into followers
There are many themes in the WordPress landscape that offer pre-built templates to give you a quick start on building a website. Phlox is no exception, but in a way, it is an exception, in that it offers an exceptional quantity, that’s matched only by each template’s exceptional quality. Spend a few minutes browsing through the more than 190 demo themes and it’s virtually impossible that you won’t find something to fit the vision you have for your business site. If you still want more, check out the features below.
- Build your site to your specifications using the Elementor page builder
- Comes with over 30 exclusive widgets to augment the functionality of your site
- Change the theme options and see the result in real-time
- Built to be an out-of-the box responsive website solution, designed to work on any screen size
- Choose gallery layout style using either the Grid or the Masonry layout
- Highlight your posts with a unique touch and respond slider
- Turn your business site into an online store with WooCommerce integration
- Variety of additional customization options to let you customize any part of your website with ease
If you’re sniffing out a clean and polished WordPress theme with a minimalistic feel, then Lavander Lite might be exactly the scent you’re looking for. Its overall design follows the latest industry trends, making it a great choice if you plan to give your business site visitors a smooth content consumption experience. Check out the features below.
- Retina ready and fully responsive so your site will look amazing on any size device
- Six pre-built demos that you can install with one simple click of your mouse or trackpad
- Social media icon links to turn your site visitors into devoted followers
- Three different post formats (standard, gallery, video) to give variety to your content
- Various double and triple column presentation options to display your text or images
- Clean, stylish typography that transports you back into the world of print magazines
- Search bar so visitors can find exactly what they want on your business site
- Google Maps embedding option if you have a physical location and want local visitors
Do you want your business website to generate success? Well then look no further than GeneratePress. With an extensive library of pre-made, professionally designed websites that can be activated within minutes, you can simply swap in your own photos and text, and your business site will be generated in record time. GeneratePress is sure to leave you impressed.
- Lightweight and built with a focus on speed + usability
- Fully responsive and uses valid HTML/CSS
- Compatible with all well-coded plugins, including WooCommerce
- Compatible with all major page builders, including Beaver Builder + Elementor
- Over 60 color control options
- Five navigation locations and five sidebar layouts
- Dropdown menus (click or hover) and nine widget areas
- Availability in over 25 languages
Have you met Melissa yet? She’s the talk of the WordPress town. Word on the web is that she’s approachable, responsive, and open-minded to adjustments. She also carries an accessory bag full of the best WordPress goodies to make your business site look and perform at its best. Overall, she’s really enjoyable to work with. Go ahead. Don’t be shy. Say “hello.“
- Three header styles and three footer styles to choose from
- Seven post layout styles at your disposal
- Full-width sliders to make your content pop from the page
- Complete control over the sidebar (left, right, or none at all)
- Comment widgets to engage with site visitors
- Change the look and feel of any part of Melissa using the native WordPress editor
- Ecommerce possibilities to monetize your business site
- Responsive so your site will look great on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
Elara will elevate your expectations of what an aesthetic business blog should look like. If you enjoy taking and posting photos in portrait mode, then you’ll be particularly elated with Elara. This simple, elegant theme is specifically designed for use with taller images and it gives you several ways to display your content. The beautiful typography compliments the overall look and will keep your visitors’ eyes glued to their screens.
- Intuitive settings and customization options give you full control over your blog
- Full-width option for posts, pages, and categories so you can immerse your visitors in your content
- Header and footer widgets so you can adjust them to your needs
- Front page highlight post and front page featured categories so you can show what matters most
- Text or image logo options so you control how your brand is presented
- Easy social media menus to stay connected with your followers
- Front page banner and posts slider to grab your visitors’ attention
- Video post option to connect with your audience in a different format
Kadence is a theme with a lot to offer for anyone looking to build a business website. Right off the bat, there is an extensive library of no-code-required, ready-to-use starter site templates. You can import one of these, swap out some text and photos, and have your business site live in no time. If you’d rather march to the beat of your own cadence, you can do that too. Kadence is compatible with many popular page builder plug-ins, including Elementor, and Beaver Builder. See more features below.
- Header & footer builder with an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interface
- Global color palette so you can change colors site wide with a few mouse clicks
- Global typography with any Google font or web-safe font applied to your whole site
- Global button settings to create the perfect button style that will apply to buttons across your site
- Built-in breadcrumb generator to enable breadcrumbs and keep visitors on your site longer
- Social icons for your header and footer so you can connect your site with your community
- Fully responsive from tiny screens to large monitors and you can customize to your liking
- Built with the best SEO Practices for markup and schema where needed
Botiga is a Catalan word that translates to “shop.” However, you don’t need to be a Catalan speaker to understand that having a lightweight, high-performance theme will translate into a strong foundation for your online business store. Use Botiga if you want to showcase your products in a clean, minimal design that is highly customizable and made to work with WooCommerce.
- Free version comes equipped with everything you need and Pro is even more impressive
- Choose from six different archive layouts for your ecommerce blog page
- Show your products how you want with three gallery styles for your product page
- Edit every aspect of your product card, including card style, elements, color, font, and more
- Offer product filters to help your customers find the product they want in only a few clicks
- Insert product recommendations to showcase related and upsell products on product pages
- Use badge styles to show which products are on sale or show special offers to boost sales
- Tweak your checkout page by showing the total amount on the right side or at the bottom
Foodica Lite might have the word lite in its name, but a simple taste test, and you’ll likely feel as satisfied as if you ate a heavy meal. If you’re hungry to create a mouth-watering business blog, then this theme’s beautiful slider and overall aesthetic appearance will wet your appetite. The layout of the homepage is photo-focused, which will grab the attention of your visitors, and will make them want to consume whatever comes out of your oven. Get into the features below.
- Organize your content into tabs with tab boxes
- Choose between a two, three, or four column layout to display your images and text
- Pick from multiple mini-icon options when creating lists
- Add a comment widget so your visitors can engage with you right on the page
- Embed your Instagram feed onto your business site to keep your visitors connected
- Include social media icons in your header or on your page to increase your follower count
- Customize buttons in every possible way from size to color to the inclusion of icons
- Offer visitors the option of searching your site with a search bar tool
Tove is a fun and colorful block theme built entirely around the concept of full site editing. Full site editing (or FSE for short), is a collection of WordPress features that focuses on using blocks to style all parts of a website, not only the content. Thanks to the layout features offered by FSE, you can use the Tove theme to create your business website exactly how you want it. Learn more below and get into it.
- Jumpstart your business site with over 40 pre-built block patterns
- Access six different header designs and seven different footer designs
- Keep visitors from waiting for your site to load because Tove is only a smidgen over 200 kilobytes
- Modify the structure of your blog archive and blog posts easily
- Change the colors in the theme, adjust spacing, and tweak the typography with just a few clicks
- Add a sticky post to the top of your blog to highlight what you want visitors to see
- Translate the theme into whatever language you’d like
- Customize the menu and upload your logo
Mission News is on a mission, and that mission is to help people like you build a business website that will be seen and heard. This theme’s premium-quality design will add credibility to your every word and is inspired by classic news sites you’re probably already familiar with. Did we mention it’s fully compatible with the block editor and other popular page builders?
- Packaged with clean layouts to put all the attention on your content
- Built responsive so your business site will look great on laptops, tablets, and phones
- Battle-tested to look amazing on real websites, not just the demo version
- Coded following WordPress best practices and has passed manual code reviews
- Actively maintained and always updated before every major WordPress release
- Same-day support from the developers who make the theme
- Tons of tutorials with step-by-step instructions in the Mission News Support Center
- Plays well with page builders like Elementor and ecommerce plugins like WooCommerce
What to look for in best free WordPress themes
Like the templates available for the range of WordPress alternatives , you’ll find tons of high-quality WordPress that are free to download – or even the very best free WordPress themes – you should pay attention to a handful of key, yet crucial factors:
- Design quality
- Quite obviously, a discussion about the best free WordPress responsive themes can’t skip over what’s probably the most crucial aspect of them all – the quality of the theme’s design. While this is tough to judge objectively, you can go with your gut feeling by asking yourself one simple questions: Is this theme’s design a “hell yes!”? If not, then it’s a “no.”
- Mobile optimization
- These days, more people access the web on mobile than they do via desktop computers and laptops combined. Any top free WordPress theme you get has to be optimized for mobile visitors.
- Do you need any specific features to make your website work properly? Make sure you’ll find those features in the free WordPress theme you’re considering.
- Niche fit
- Some free WordPress themes are fairly multipurpose and can be used for a number of niches. Others are more niche-specific. It’s not uncommon to find themes for lawyers, restaurants, gyms, stores, etc. Make sure you choose the best WordPress theme that matches your business.
- Google is the main source of traffic for most websites on the web. However, in order to get Google to feature your site prominently, you need to optimize your content – this is what’s called SEO – search engine optimization. Quality free WordPress themes have structures that make on-page SEO easier to do.
- Good user reviews
- If other people have enjoyed the WP theme that you’re considering, you have a good reason to believe you’ll enjoy it as well. Always check customer reviews and ratings prior to downloading any WordPress theme.
* This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and then purchase the product, we’ll receive a small fee. No worries though, you’ll still pay the standard amount so there’s no cost on your part.