Want to expand your knowledge? This collection of the top blogs about WordPress and their most popular posts will help you discover the most valuable resources in the WordPress community.
The criteria when compiling this list were to focus on content that has gotten either the most traffic (if the WordPress blogger has shared this data), received the highest number of social media shares, or evoked the most comments.
Okay, let’s get started (in no particular order)!
1. WP Newsify
WP Newsify publishes a mixture of WordPress news and WordPress guides. They usually publish once a week.
- Beginner’s Guide: How to Get the Most from Database Management
- 10 Best WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments Plugins
2. Shout Me Loud
Shout Me Loud publishes in-depth articles about a wide range of topics related to WordPress and making money through blogging.
- Goodbye Google Keyword Planner: 5 Smart and Interesting Keyword Research Methods for eCommerce stores
- Get Essential Content Writing SEO Optimization Tips – WordPress Plugin
- 15 Amazing WordPress Directory Themes for 2019
- 10 Best Free & Premium WordPress Slideshow Plugins for 2019
- What are WordPress Blocks? And How do They Work?
- Top 40+ Best Free WordPress Themes for 2019 – Stunning Themes!
- How to Make All 404 Pages Redirect to Homepage in WordPress
- WordPress Accessibility: Make Your Website Usable by Everyone
- How to Add Custome CSS to Your WordPress Website
- WPMU DEV Plugins for Free – Our Commitment to WordPress.org
- “Hello, WP!” A New Podcast About WordPress by WPMU DEV
- WPML Website Hacked, Customer Emails Compromised
- WordPress 4.9.6 Beta 1 Adds Tools for GDPR Compliance
- We’re Giving Away 3 Jupiter X Theme Licenses for FREE
- Blockonomics Review: WooCommerce Payment Gateway W/ No 3rd Party
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday WordPress 2018 Deals
- How to Get a Free SSL Certificate for Your WordPress Website: A Beginner’s Guide
- WordPress vs. Wix – 10 Differences to Help You Choose the Best
- How to Create a Coming Soon Page With WordPress
- 8 Best Blogging Platforms to Consider (2019 Edition)
- 10 Interesting “Gutenberg Features” You Might Not Know About
- Add Custom Work Notes to Your Client Reports
- How Automation Can Save You Time (While Improving the Customer Experience)
- The History Behind Comparison Sites for Casinos and Slots Online
- Design a Logo for Your Company in the Easiest Possible Way
- Dokan Multivendor: A Beginner-Friendly eCommerce Solution for WordPress
- WP ERP Review: A Complete WordPress Business Management Solution
- Introducing Slim SEO – The SEO Plugin for WordPress You’ve Been Waiting for
- WordPress deals for Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2018
- 10+ Best WordPress Hosting Services 2018
- 5+ Best WordPress Floating Side Tab Plugins (Premium Collection)
- Trends and Predictions for eCommerce 2019
- WooCommerce and How it Goes Beyond Selling Physical Products
- WordPress SEO: 75 Proven SEO Tips for Serious WordPress Marketers
- Tap: Lovable, Free WordPress Hosting
- Inspiro 6.0 Released: Beaver Builder Integration, Sticky Header & More!
- Christmas Giveaway #2: Win SiteGround Hosting & Beaver Builder Pro Licenses
- Troubleshooting Failed Payments on Your Membership Site
- What’s the Best WordPress Translation Plugin? 5 Options Compared
- 7 Ways for Bloggers to Look More Professional
- 5 Best Conversion Rate Optimization Tips for Your Blog Post
- 10 Best WordPress Testimonial Plugins to Add Social Proof
- The Best and Most Popular WordPress Themes of 2019
- Google Introduces New Search Engine for Finding Datasets
- Yoast SEO Plugin 7.0 Bug Causes Ranking Drops
- Ready or Not, WordPress 5.0 is Here: Here’s What You Need to Know
- WordPress 101 is All-New for the Block Editor in WordPress
- The 20 Best WordPress Podcasts You Need in Your Life
- What is WordPress? Back to the Basics (110% Starter Guide 2019)
- Beginner’s Guide: How to Use CSS in WordPress for Easy Style Tweaks
- What’s New in WordPress 5.0, Plus What to Expect from the Block-Based Editor
Themegrill focuses on Best Of lists. If you’re looking for new plugins, themes, or other WordPress tools, you’ll find the information you need here.
WinningWP compiles lists of the best WordPress sites and tools in various niches. They also sometimes publish detailed guides on various aspects of running a WordPress site.
WPLeaders publishes a variety of WordPress guides with a focus on Best Of lists.
BeginDot publishes WordPress guides about a variety of topics, with a focus on the technical side of running a WordPress site.
7. WP Crafter
WP Crafter publishes detailed guides to all kinds of WordPress topics, along with the occasional product review or Best Of roundup.
A very strong site with lots of great resources. Apart from their flagship content (linked below), you will also find various tutorials about themes, plugins, and other ways of modifying your WordPress site.
A more technical look at WordPress and its capabilities. Visit it for code-heavy tutorials and a number of great guides revolving around other web technologies too, such as CSS, PHP, etc.
10. WPMU DEV
A WordPress blog full of tutorials and tips, many of them addressed to beginners. They teach how to make your mark on the WordPress business space, as well as offer very detailed guides on the technical aspects of WordPress.
11. Elegant Themes Blog
A WordPress blog more oriented on various marketing strategies related to WordPress, like reaching a specific number of visitors, getting followers on social media or developing skills that make you a more efficient blogger.
12. WP Tavern
A WordPress blog based on the newest goings-on in the WordPress world. Things like products, themes, plugins and more. It also brings you information about the WordPress community, meetings, and interviews.
Having a nice and personalized design, with well structured information, WPLift gives you all the info you’d need on various issues related to WordPress. It covers the latest updates, plugins, themes, and shares many usable tips.
Founded in 2009 by Syed Balkhi, this is one of the top blogs for beginners. If you’re struggling with a specific challenge related to coding in WordPress, you will find your answer here.
If you’re looking for a credible source for all things WordPress-related then this is possibly the blog for you. It focuses on plugins, themes, as well as code-heavy tutorials on how to solve specific issues in WordPress.
This WordPress blog shares various WordPress tips, deals, info on plugins, themes, and also teaches you how to build your own WordPress business. Apart from marketing tips, they also cover a range of different technical issues.
17. WP Mayor
WP Mayor was founded by Jean Galea four years ago and it’s specialized in WordPress plugins, themes, reviews, tutorials, news, opinion posts, as well as various tips on how to improve your WordPress website.
18. WP Superstars
Advice, tips and tutorials on getting better results from your WordPress website. You’ll find information about plugins, themes, hosting and more.
19. ManageWP Blog
Founded by Vladimir Prelovac, this WordPress blog was created for the users and it shares advice on management, monitoring, backup, deployment, publishing, security tools, and other website related issues.
This WordPress blog was founded by Karan Chopra and offers news about themes, plugins, hosting, deals and snippets. They have a separate category for graphics, where they share Photoshop tips, wallpapers, pictures, icons, fonts and more.
21. WordPress Arena
A dynamic blog for WordPress developers and designers. It shares information on various matters like: coding, themes, tools, tips, tricks, news, marketing and more.
22. Deluxe Blog Tips
Tran Ngoc Tuan Anh is the author of the site (he has been a web developer for eight years) and he shares his knowledge with the world by providing tips and tutorials that are easy to read and to apply.
23. WPAll Club
A recently launched blog, aiming to bring you a large range of resources. It comes with tips about any WordPress topic, starting with beginner tutorials and ending with SEO, speed, security, e-commerce, reviews, roundups etc.
24. Tom McFarlin
This is a personal blog of Tom McFarlin’s where he teaches about the WordPress world, gives his perspective on professional WordPress development, and shares other tips on different related matters.
Bob Dunn describes himself as a teacher, open-minded, a good listener and a social media freak. Through this blog, he wants to offer a helping hand to the beginners by providing his resources so you can learn and control your own site.
26. Tuts Plus
This is a complex blog, gathering 18,780 tutorials and nearly 500 video courses from many areas, many of them from WordPress community. You can also find updates, news, surveys and offers related to WordPress.
Joost de Valk founded this website a few years ago, and now him and his team of another 16 people are building plugins and optimizing websites. That means they make them more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. Some useful marketing guides and tips can be found here.
Looking interactive, like a press site, this WordPress blog presents tutorials, guides, opinions, tips, news, features, interviews and “easy” posts, all from the WordPress world. If you are a beginner, you can find here advice on how to grow your business and make it successful.
29. Site Point
A blog dedicated to web developers and web designers. There’s a section related only to WordPress where you can find the latest news, tips and tutorials, most of them for advanced users.
Elementor is one of the best page builders for WordPress and host to one of the best WordPress blogs around. They feature reviews of tools for business owners, advice on how to master your marketing and business administration, and more.
31. WP Smackdown
WP Smackdown offers detailed technical tutorials on a wide variety of WordPress related subjects.
Jean-Baptiste Jung started this blog in June 2008 and he dedicated it to those who create and maintain websites (web developers, web designers, webmasters etc.). The main purpose of this blog is to make web development easier and funnier, so you can find some great resources and tutorials here.
33. WP Doze
WP Doze is a blog focusing on themes and plugins – it offers a lot of recommendations in this area. It also provides news, tips and guides on many topics related to WordPress.
A blog oriented more on promoting themes and products developed by its owners. If you’re interested in this topic, you can take a look at their collection, which covers categories like business, video, magazine, e-commerce and so on.
35. Cozmos labs
The main purpose of this site is to provide various solutions to designers and developers. The hints, tips and tutorials they present are more technical and more directed to advanced users. Nonetheless, you can find some good advice and suggestions here.
36. Matt Report
A combination of blog and vlog. This website is very interactive, has tutorials, interviews with successful people and guides on how to grow your WordPress business. Most of these posts contain videos of Matt’s. He’s making sure people stay engaged with his content.
Professional at first look, this blog gives the public great detailed articles about the latest news, plugins, tools, themes, images and other products in the WordPress space.
38. Foo Plugins
The team here specializes in building plugins, but the blog is full of actionable WordPress advice, both for beginners as well as advanced users comfortable around source code.
Most of what you’ll find on this blog are great coding tips and tutorials. It’s a classic and technical website dedicated to web developers who want to improve their skills.
40. WP Dude
Neil Matthews, the author, calls himself “an evangelist” of WordPress, created this blog in 2008 in order to help other people to easily use and create their own websites, and to keep them connected to everyday updates. There are tutorials, advice, tips, and explanations of various WordPress issues.
41. WP Apprentice
Having playful featured images, this WordPress blog treats the latest news in WordPress, offers you useful tutorials, updates, and tries to give an easy and friendly way of exposing the tips so the newbies can learn better.
A blog that covers both the technical side of things and the down-to-earth aspects of site building too. They post tutorials, recommendations, promotions, events and tips about plugins, themes, services, security, SEO and more.
A blog dedicated to web designers and developers, where you can find tips and resources you can use when working on your WordPress site.
A pretty catchy website, where you can find coding tips, tutorials and guides for web design and WordPress.
45. Bill Erickson
Bill Erickson created this blog to help users and give advice to those who want to build a career as a WordPress developer. Here, you can find tips and tutorials about coding and creating websites.
46. Search Engine Journal
Apart from SEO, search engines, content marketing and social media, this site has also a whole section dedicated to WordPress. It’s a great blog, where you can find many interesting tutorials, news, tips, updates, and suggestions from the marketing side of things.
47. Perishable Press
Jeff Starr has written this blog since 2005. He mainly covers WordPress, web design, code, and offers you tutorials, tips and tools you can use right away.
Created by Shawn Hesketh, this blog provides video tutorials, and is dedicated mostly to startups and newbies who want to create, edit and manage their website’s content.
49. WP Buffs
This blog provides tutorials, useful resources, tips on plugins, advice for the beginners and things related to online marketing.
Released by Paul Underwood, this blog provides you with tutorials, tips, resources and snippets from all over the WordPress world. Paul writes for web developers and he’s focusing mostly on plugin development.
ThemeIsle is a new blog willing to deliver beginner and advanced insights on everything related to WordPress, be it development, design, social media, marketing, or community. In short, anything a WordPress person needs for a blooming business.
CodeinWP is a website where a team of developers creates great themes for their clients (agencies, businesses and freelancers). You design, they code! On the blog, you can find tutorials, tips, theme recommendations, infographics, as well as some technical advice if you’re into coding.
Don’t forget to join our crash course on speeding up your WordPress site. With some simple fixes, you can reduce your loading time by even 50-80%: