Wow, it has taken a while to compile this post (and I hope the headline speaks for itself). What you’ll find here is a list of the top 100 blogs about WordPress and their most popular and engaging content.
The idea is to give you a resource linking to posts that have proven to be valuable to the community.
The criteria when compiling this list were to focus on content that has gotten either the most traffic (if the WordPress blogger has shared this data), received the highest number of social media shares, or evoked the most comments.
Okay, let’s get started (in no particular order)!
1. Digging Into WordPress
A WordPress blog run by Chris Coyier and Jeff Starr, it’s a great site to get actionable WordPress advice. This includes everything from various code samples, all the way to larger code-heavy tutorials. Chris and Jeff also published a book of the same title – Digging Into WordPress.
2. Lorelle on WordPress
Lorelle publishes in-depth tutorials, code snippets, news from the WordPress world, info on the recent WordPress meetups, and everything else that’s WordPress, blogging, and social media related. As she points out herself, covering more than you may want to know about how all this blogging business and social stuff works.
A very strong site with lots of great resources. Apart from their flagship content (linked below), you will also find various tutorials about themes, plugins, and other ways of modifying your WordPress site.
- The WordPress Handbook – 60+ Resources For First Time WordPress Users
- 75+ Best Responsive WooCommerce WordPress Themes
Various posts and tutorials on WordPress development, themes, and PHP-related topics in general. C.bavota – the author – also offers his own directory of custom-built themes.
A more technical look at WordPress and its capabilities. Visit it for code-heavy tutorials and a number of great guides revolving around other web technologies too, such as CSS, PHP, etc.
6. WPMU DEV
A WordPress blog full of tutorials and tips, many of them addressed to beginners. They teach how to make your mark on the WordPress business space, as well as offer very detailed guides on the technical aspects of WordPress.
- Choosing a WordPress Theme Framework – the Ultimate Guide
- Most of What You “Know” About WordPress Typography is Wrong
7. Elegant Themes Blog
A WordPress blog more oriented on various marketing strategies related to WordPress, like reaching a specific number of visitors, getting followers on social media or developing skills that make you a more efficient blogger.
8. WP Tavern
A WordPress blog based on the newest goings-on in the WordPress world. Things like products, themes, plugins and more. It also brings you information about the WordPress community, meetings, and interviews.
- 18 Free WordPress Themes Built With Bootstrap
- How Public Perception of WordPress Influences Developer Contracts
9. WP Squared
A classic WordPress tutorial central that gives you advice on different things like plugins, add-ons, themes, widgets and so on.
Having a nice and personalized design, with well structured information, WPLift gives you all the info you’d need on various issues related to WordPress. It covers the latest updates, plugins, themes, and shares many usable tips.
- The WPLift Guide to WordPress and PDF: Free WordPress PDF Plugins
- The Complete WPLift Guide: How to Speed up Your WordPress Site
Founded in 2009 by Syed Balkhi, this is one of the top blogs for beginners. If you’re struggling with a specific challenge related to coding in WordPress, you will find your answer here.
- How to Properly Move Your Blog from WordPress.com to WordPress.org
- How to Get Google’s Verified Autorship for your WordPress Blog
12. WP Engineer
Here’s a blog for more advanced users. Besides coding procedures, functions, tutorials, plugins and tips on how to create nice themes, this blog also shares news from the WordPress world.
If you’re looking for a credible source for all things WordPress-related then this is possibly the blog for you. It focuses on plugins, themes, as well as code-heavy tutorials on how to solve specific issues in WordPress.
- Is Your WordPress Site Secure? 10 Things to Look For
- Marketing Your WordPress Website: The Ultimate Guide
This WordPress blog shares various WordPress tips, deals, info on plugins, themes, and also teaches you how to build your own WordPress business. Apart from marketing tips, they also cover a range of different technical issues.
- So You Want To Be a WordPress Developer? Here’s How to Get Started
- Three Ways to Use WordPress to Send Newsletters
15. WP Mayor
WP Mayor was founded by Jean Galea four years ago and it’s specialized in WordPress plugins, themes, reviews, tutorials, news, opinion posts, as well as various tips on how to improve your WordPress website.
16. WP Solver
Here’s a WordPress website that covers specific topics like themes, plugins, SEO and social media. There’s also a number of interesting infographics.
- Moving WordPress: Site URL Change with Velvet Blues Update URLs
- How to Add Bitcoin Author Donations to WordPress
17. WP Superstars
Advice, tips and tutorials on getting better results from your WordPress website. You’ll find information about plugins, themes, hosting and more.
- 8 Easy Ways To Speed Up WordPress – Without Any Frustrating Technical Hurdles
- How To Optimize Your Content For Social Networks Using WordPress
18. ManageWP Blog
Founded by Vladimir Prelovac, this WordPress blog was created for the users and it shares advice on management, monitoring, backup, deployment, publishing, security tools, and other website related issues.
A quality blog that covers almost everything users need to know about WordPress. The topics include coding, marketing, plugins, themes, security, hosting, interviews, updates, and more. It also has a special category for advanced users.
This WordPress blog was founded by Karan Chopra and offers news about themes, plugins, hosting, deals and snippets. They have a separate category for graphics, where they share Photoshop tips, wallpapers, pictures, icons, fonts and more.
- Meet Infolinks, A Smart Offering To Monetize Your Websites
- Make Data Tables in WordPress With WPDataTables
This is a rather technical WordPress blog. If you want to grow your WordPress coding skills, this is the blog to read. There’s a lot of great tutorials and opinion pieces here that are sure to keep you occupied for a longer while.
A technical blog that helps if you want to get more informed about what’s going on behind every button, plugin or setting in WordPress. There’s a big number of unique posts here.
- 6 reasons Yoast’s WordPress SEO plugin is even more awesome than you realize
- How to import a CSV file into a WPML site with custom post types in WordPress
23. WordPress Theming
An interesting WordPress blog dedicated mostly to web designers working with WordPress. There are tips, tutorials, coding advice and interviews with WordPress experts.
This blog has a complex and helpful information on how you can manage your own website. They are offering you the solution to have a powerful support, a great speed and a guaranteed security when running you site. You can also find tutorials and tips on plugins, themes, tools, and technical details.
- Which CMS are Shark Tank Contestants Using the Most? (Infographic)
- Announcing WP Engine’s High Availability HHVM Platform – Mercury – Labs Alpha
25. WordPress Arena
A dynamic blog for WordPress developers and designers. It shares information on various matters like: coding, themes, tools, tips, tricks, news, marketing and more.
- 3 Must-have WordPress Plugins to Start a Photoblog
- WordPress plugins you can’t run a successful WP powered website without
A WordPress blog which gives you tutorials and tips on themes and plugins. It will also keep you connected to what’s new in the WordPress world. You can also find some good information on the WooCommerce plugin here.
- 20 Modern And Creative WordPress Photography Themes
- 30 Free WooCommerce Plugins To Enhance Your WooCommerce Powered Store With
27. Deluxe Blog Tips
Tran Ngoc Tuan Anh is the author of the site (he has been a web developer for eight years) and he shares his knowledge with the world by providing tips and tutorials that are easy to read and to apply.
28. WPAll Club
A recently launched blog, aiming to bring you a large range of resources. It comes with tips about any WordPress topic, starting with beginner tutorials and ending with SEO, speed, security, e-commerce, reviews, roundups etc.
- 100+ Top WordPress Influencers to follow on Twitter
- How to Speed Up Your WordPress site – Optimization Tips
29. Tom McFarlin
This is a personal blog of Tom McFarlin’s where he teaches about the WordPress world, gives his perspective on professional WordPress development, and shares other tips on different related matters.
Bob Dunn describes himself as a teacher, open-minded, a good listener and a social media freak. Through this blog, he wants to offer a helping hand to the beginners by providing his resources so you can learn and control your own site.
31. Tuts Plus
This is a complex blog, gathering 18,780 tutorials and nearly 500 video courses from many areas, many of them from WordPress community. You can also find updates, news, surveys and offers related to WordPress.
Created on 5th October 2008 by the founder of Cats Who Code, Jean-Baptiste Jung, this website focuses on posting replies to any WordPress questions you might have. So if there are some things that you need to know, you can ask on this blog.
- How to remove login shake effect when error occurs
- WordPress tip: Modify any role name to fit your needs
Joost de Valk founded this website a few years ago, and now him and his team of another 16 people are building plugins and optimizing websites. That means they make them more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. Some useful marketing guides and tips can be found here.
- The Definitive Guide To Higher Rankings For WordPress Sites
- Why are people (not) buying my products online?
Looking interactive, like a press site, this WordPress blog presents tutorials, guides, opinions, tips, news, features, interviews and “easy” posts, all from the WordPress world. If you are a beginner, you can find here advice on how to grow your business and make it successful.
35. WP Daily Themes
A blog focusing mainly on WordPress themes, but you can also find tutorials and info on plugins, deals, and WordPress-related news here.
- How to Install WordPress on a USB Stick Using Instant WordPress
- 10 Biggest Business Players Who Trust and Use WordPress
36. Site Point
A blog dedicated to web developers and web designers. There’s a section related only to WordPress where you can find the latest news, tips and tutorials, most of them for advanced users.
37. WP Curve
This WordPress blog offers business advice, as well as lessons on how to attract traffic and grow your user base. This site is also a good resource for startups. Dan Norris, the co-founder of the blog, has recently launched the book “7 Day Startup.”
- 12 ways to increase engagement through visual content
- Lessons learned reviewing 300 websites in 2 weeks (how to build a decent website)
The WordImpress team is creating plugins and themes for WordPress. Besides that, they are documenting their experience on the blog by giving you tutorials, tips and interviews with WordPress developers.
- Using Chrome DevTools Workspaces for Faster WordPress Development
- Image URLs and Forcing SSL in WordPress
39. Do It With WordPress
A nice website that provides information in many categories, like blogging, social media, code and snippets, news, resources, security. All of this presented as tutorials.
- How to show and hide content at set times
- How to track conversions through gravity forms in Google Analytics
Jean-Baptiste Jung started this blog in June 2008 and he dedicated it to those who create and maintain websites (web developers, web designers, webmasters etc.). The main purpose of this blog is to make web development easier and funnier, so you can find some great resources and tutorials here.
41. Design Wall
This site started in 2012 and it specializes in creating WordPress products for the users. The blog provides tutorials and tips on how to keep your website healthy.
- Pablo Olondriz & his jouney to a successful WordPress blog
- Tips and Tools for Growing Your blog and Successfully Working with Multiple Authors
42. WordPress TV Blog
A different kind of a WordPress blog, more like a vlog. Every post has a video related to the topic at hand, e.g. bloggers or web developers talking at WordCamp events, interviews on various WordPress issues, product introductions or tutorials offered by specialists in front of a crowd.
An interesting blog with sights set on helping you build sites on WordPress by yourself. It offers tips, long and comprehensive guides, valuable resources, and step-by-step tutorials. WebsiteSetup is owned by Robert Mening and doesn’t have the format of a regular blog – it looks more like an e-book divided into chapters.
- How to Customize WordPress (Step-by-Step)
- How to Add a Contact Form to Your WordPress Website or Blog
44. Tim Nash
Besides the usual written tutorials, guides, tips and coding steps, Tim Nash – the author – also publishes videos in some articles, in which he explains various topics to his visitors. The dynamic, interactive and personalized writing style can be very enjoyable.
This is a site that specializes in WordPress security. Apart from their main product, they also share their take on common WordPress vulnerabilities, infections as well as solutions to those issues.
- WordPress Security: Nulled Scripts and the CryptoPHP Infection
- Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in WordPress Core
This WordPress blog was formed in June 2006 and its goal is to provide the users with the best services and resources for their websites. The blog shares a lot of WordPress advice that you can apply right away.
- What To Do When Your WordPress Plugin Gets Popular: Eight Experts Weigh In
- Getting Started With WordPress Plugin Development
47. Bryce Adams
The topics are diverse here, from WooCommerce (most of the time), to coding and creating plugins, to tips, to even a day in the author’s life. Everything interesting to read.
48. Slocum Themes
A group of professionals who create their own themes and share advice on the topic. There’s also info on plugins, websites hosting, WordPress services, products, statistics and other topics.
- The Five Second Elevator Pitch – Choose the Right Website Layout
- Good Foundations: How to build a WordPress real estate website
49. Chris Lema
Chris Lema is one of the most recognizable figures in the WordPress community. On his site, he shares interactive advice and tips, both for advanced users and beginners. Lema’s articles are detailed and straight to the point, with very well organized and selected topics.
50. The Layout
This blog is dedicated entirely to the designers. Chris Wolfgang, Bridget McQuillan, Morgan Ryan and Ben Stevinson are offering you tools that will help you when doing your work. The Layout is a daily online publication which treats design in-depth and gives advice for people interested in this topic.
- The pros and cons of pitching WordPress and how to overcome the cons
- Understanding how WordPress uses MySQL
51. WP Doze
WP Doze is a blog focusing on themes and plugins – it offers a lot of recommendations in this area. It also provides news, tips and guides on many topics related to WordPress.
- How to Integrate WooCommerce with Google Analytics for Advanced Reports
- How to Backup Your WordPress Website to Dropbox with UpdraftPlus
52. Blog Oh Blog
A very interactive and playful blog. This site provides visual information, through posts related to themes, icons, image sliders, photo slideshows, fonts, logos, plugins, services, SEO, product comparisons and etc.
53. Justin Tadlock
A personal blog in which the author shares thoughts on his personal life and different hobbies, as well as articles related to WordPress. Here, you can find various tips, tutorials, plugin infos, and other discussions related to WordPress.
54. Six Revisions
Launched in February 2008 by Jacob Gube, this blog was made to provide useful information to web designers and web developers. Here, you can find clean tips, tutorials and resources that you can use right away.
A blog oriented more on promoting themes and products developed by its owners. If you’re interested in this topic, you can take a look at their collection, which covers categories like business, video, magazine, e-commerce and so on.
56. Cozmos labs
The main purpose of this site is to provide various solutions to designers and developers. The hints, tips and tutorials they present are more technical and more directed to advanced users. Nonetheless, you can find some good advice and suggestions here.
57. Post Status
This website tries to keep the readers connected to the latest news and releases related to WordPress. They not only share the news, but also analyze every important matter in depth.
- How much should a custom WordPress website cost?
- WordPress and Drupal teams colaborate for simultaneous security releases
58. Matt Report
A combination of blog and vlog. This website is very interactive, has tutorials, interviews with successful people and guides on how to grow your WordPress business. Most of these posts contain videos of Matt’s. He’s making sure people stay engaged with his content.
This blog offers both technical tutorials for more advanced users and tips for people who want to get to a high level. Here, you can find the latest releases and news from the WordPress world, interviews, advice, marketing ticks and information for startups.
- Chris Lema Discusses WordPress, Blogging & Life
- WordPress In 2014: Influencers Share Their Highlights Of The Year
A website where you can find tips, guides and reviews. There is a lot of suggestions on how to use different plugins and how to choose the best images for your WordPress site.
- How To Promote Your New WordPress Plugin – My Detailed Guide
- How To Find A Featured Image For Your Post With 2 Clicks
This WordPress blog’s team is creating themes for WordPress. If you’re looking for a new one for your website, check their large collection.
Professional at first look, this blog gives the public great detailed articles about the latest news, plugins, tools, themes, images and other products in the WordPress space.
- Most Popular WordPress SEO and Social Media Plugins
- How to Find Guest Blogging Opportunities on Twitter
The blog offers tips on how to use WordPress, lists of best products, guides, latest news, suggestions and recommendations for beginners. Apart from the blog, there’s also a theme store and directory.
64. Ryan Hellyer
A blog for “geeks”, as Ryan Hellyer says himself. All WordPress lovers can come here and find advice about coding, plugins and more stuff you might be interested in.
A nice WordPress blog where the author wants to make you “rock out your site like a rockstar”. In the WordPress section, you can find tutorials on various topics, as well as tips and recommendations.
66. Foo Plugins
The team here specializes in building plugins, but the blog is full of actionable WordPress advice, both for beginners as well as advanced users comfortable around source code.
- Beware: Your Site Is Part of a WordPress Pingback DDoS Botnet
- SiteGround Managed WordPress Hosting – A Personal Story
67. WordPress Snippets
Most of what you’ll find on this blog are great coding tips and tutorials. It’s a classic and technical website dedicated to web developers who want to improve their skills.
- Automatically Create Media_Buttons for Shortcode Selection
- Track Post Views Without a Plugin Using Post Meta
68. WP Security Lock
Here, you can find everything you need to know about your site’s security and protection. The blog offers recommendations for programs that can help you with that, as well as tips on how to apply and use them.
- How to Hide Your WordPress Username
- Protect Your WordPress Site: Podcast Interview with Brian Basilico
A nice WordPress blog for startups. If you’re new to this WordPress world and you want to develop your business and create a large group of readers and visitors, this site is a good place to go for advice.
- Save Time By Adding Inline Content Editing To WordPress With The WordPress Front-End Editor Plugin
- Make Your WordPress Website Mobile-Friendly In Just A Few Clicks With WPtouch
70. WP Dude
Neil Matthews, the author, calls himself “an evangelist” of WordPress, created this blog in 2008 in order to help other people to easily use and create their own websites, and to keep them connected to everyday updates. There are tutorials, advice, tips, and explanations of various WordPress issues.
71. Noel Tock
On this blog, Noel Tock shares everything he knows about WordPress, so you can extract the information you need. You can also find video tutorials embedded in the articles.
72. WP Canada
WP Canada is a source of news, tutorials, plugin reviews, themes, general and various information and tips from all around the WordPress world. If you get here, you can also check out their free child themes for the Genesis framework.
73. WP Apprentice
Having playful featured images, this WordPress blog treats the latest news in WordPress, offers you useful tutorials, updates, and tries to give an easy and friendly way of exposing the tips so the newbies can learn better.
- Move Your Web Content with WordPress Import and Export
- Beyond Responsive Web Design: How to Win Friends and Influence Mobile Customers
If you’re interested in WordPress themes, this is the blog you should read. You can find the ultimate offers here, the latest tips and recommendations, reviews, releases and more info related to WordPress themes.
- 8 Of The Best Directory WordPress Themes To Create An Online Directory Of Any Type
- The Top 4 Coupon WordPress Theme You Can Buy Right Now
This blog was created by Ohad Raz. In it, you can find reviews, tips and presentations of various plugins and other things related to WordPress. You can also check out his own collection of plugins.
76. Pippin’s Plugins
A technical blog, based around plugin development mostly. You can learn how to code like a professional from lots of tutorials and reviews here. If you are either a beginner, an intermediate or an advanced user, this blog is perfect for you anyway.
- Refinement: the greatly unappreciated aspect of project releases
- Unit Tests for WordPress Plugins – An Introduction
77. Okay Marketing
A blog with a WordPress section, but more focused on the marketing side of the spectrum. Great source of tutorials and tips useful to every webmaster.
- How to Insert the Facebook Conversion Pixel in WordPress
- Engagement – Disqus Comments vs WordPress Comments
A blog that covers both the technical side of things and the down-to-earth aspects of site building too. They post tutorials, recommendations, promotions, events and tips about plugins, themes, services, security, SEO and more.
79. Konstantin Kovshenin
Definitely a blog dedicated to advanced users, with tutorials and tips around the technical and coding side of WordPress. It’s a personal blog where you can find posts tech-related, code snippets, links, tips and tricks.
80. Smashing Magazine
A complex blog that touches upon many web development and design areas. In the WordPress section, you can find tips and tutorials on plugins, themes, techniques and other essentials. This category provides articles on “developing clean, smart and fast websites with WordPress.” The articles are intermediate level and they present practical tips and discussions related to WordPress.
81. DIY themes
This is a blog which brings you tips and advice about WordPress and how to make your own site grow. You’ll find some nice marketing strategies listed and explained here.
- How to Optimize Images for Better Search Engine Rankings
- Why Email Marketing Crushes Social Media Marketing (and How to Get Started)
This blog provides you with the latest news, reviews on different products, tutorials and tips, themes lists, and interviews with important names from the WordPress community. Plus, there’s also a store with plugins and themes.
Another blog geared at sharing tips and tutorials. Here, you can find recommendations for themes, plugins, security, and hosting, along with interviews, news, and general WordPress announcements. Kinsta’s purpose is to help you maintain a website by handling it correctly from the back-end.
- In-Depth HTTP to HTTPS Migration Guide for WordPress
- WordPress Security – 19+ Steps to Lock Down Your Site
84. WP Sites
A blog with nearly 1500 tutorials related to WordPress! You can find references, tips, news and opinions about web design, plugins, themes, hosting, SEO, software, tools and more.
- 25 Mistakes WordPress Bloggers Should Avoid
- How To Add WordPress SEO Plugins BreadCrumbs in Any Theme
A blog dedicated to web designers and developers, where you can find tips and resources you can use when working on your WordPress site.
- Create Native Apps for WordPress: Can Mobile Dreams Embrace Reality?
- Guide To Adapt Your WordPress Theme For Different Devices
A pretty catchy website, where you can find coding tips, tutorials and guides for web design and WordPress.
87. Bill Erickson
Bill Erickson created this blog to help users and give advice to those who want to build a career as a WordPress developer. Here, you can find tips and tutorials about coding and creating websites.
88. Search Engine Journal
Apart from SEO, search engines, content marketing and social media, this site has also a whole section dedicated to WordPress. It’s a great blog, where you can find many interesting tutorials, news, tips, updates, and suggestions from the marketing side of things.
- WordPress Releases Critical Security Update, Immediate Update Recommended
- WordPress vs. Drupal: How to Choose a CMS for Your Business
89. Perishable Press
Jeff Starr writes this blog since 2005. He mainly covers WordPress, web design, code, and offers you tutorials, tips and tools you can use right away.
Created by Shawn Hesketh, this blog provides video tutorials, and is dedicated mostly to startups and newbies who want to create, edit and manage their website’s content.
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Never Host Your Own Videos
- Yoast and WP101 Partner on WordPress SEO Training Videos
ThemeLab creates WordPress premium themes that will help you create your website. If you’re looking for WordPress themes, plugins, tutorials and other recommendations and tips, you can click below to find out what’s new in the lab.
- The Ultimate Guide to WordPress Conditional Tags
- How to Show Recent Videos From a Youtube Channel in WordPress
WeLoveWP is a blog that teaches you how to make your work easier by giving you extensive info about WordPress themes, hosting, plugins, visual elements like logos, images, infographics and other design-related matters.
93. WP Buffs
This blog provides tutorials, useful resources, tips on plugins, advice for the beginners and things related to online marketing.
- 9 Slow WordPress Dashboard Remedies For a Faster Admin Panel
- 8 Ways To Do Professional WordPress Website Maintenance Yourself
This site provides great themes and plugins for the users. On the blog, you can find tutorials, videos and other WordPress related stuff like promotions, news, updates, tips, tricks and freebies.
This blog offers you WordPress tips, theme releases, news, design tips and some marketing advice. Also check their theme collection and their flagship product – the Genesis Framework.
- 4 Simple Ways to Secure (and Maintain) Your WordPress Website
- How to Make Money With WordPress (and Genesis)
Released by Paul Underwoord, this blog provides you with tutorials, tips, resources and snippets from all over the WordPress world. Paul writes for web developers and he’s focusing mostly on plugin development.
This is a nice tech blog, dedicated mostly to designers and bloggers. Here, you can find useful tricks, tutorials, tools, inspirational artworks and news.
- 10 Useful WordPress Functions You Might Not Know About
- 20 WordPress Themes To Revamp Your Site For 2015
On this blog, you can find tutorials, web trends, general news and technology, guides, plus various lists and recommendations for WordPress development.
WPSpeak is a platform for tutorials, reviews, and news related to WordPress. The site provides professional advice for WordPress developers – novice or experts. It covers all the technicalities and complications you may ever face while working with plugins, widgets or themes.
ThemeIsle is a new blog willing to deliver beginner and advanced insights on everything related to WordPress, be it development, design, social media, marketing, or community. In short, anything a WordPress person needs for a blooming business.
- How to Remove Slow Plugins and Find Faster Alternatives
- 10 Things You Need to Do Right After Launching a WordPress Site
CodeinWP is a website where a team of developers creates great themes for their clients (agencies, businesses and freelancers). You design, they code! On the blog, you can find tutorials, tips, theme recommendations, infographics, as well as some technical advice if you’re into coding.
- How to Simplify the WP-Admin to Get It Client-Friendly
- The 6 Step Process of Designing a WordPress Site From Top to Bottom Quickly (& In a Way That Your Client Will Love)